× Members

Managed migration

More
2 days 12 hours ago #294927 by Kelly
Managed migration was created by Kelly
Hi

Having read the extremely helpful managed migration FAQ's guide, we would appreciate clarification on the situation of those with an appointee.

My husband claims PIP and has an appointee. I claim income support. We have not yet received migration notices due to those people with appointees being currently deferred from the process.

The managed migration FAQ's guide advises that people with an appointee will not be made to accept a claimant commitment or attend WFI's and that this requirement will be switched off even if the claimant doesn't have the LCWRA element.

Does this mean my husband will be spared having to get a fit note and will not have to go through the UCWCA?.

I claim IS so assuming that we would get transitional protection our income would remain unaffected.

Our thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 days 3 hours ago #294964 by David
Replied by David on topic Managed migration
Hi Kelly,

As you are aware there is no future date planned for the migration of appointee represented claimants.
There are a lot of Benefits changes in the pipeline. Some proposed by the former Conservative government and some new from Liz Kendall ( Secretary of State for Work and Pensions ). So I can't state for sure what evidence your husband will need to produce. However he has been interviewed by a DWP Visiting Officer and declared to lack mental capacity to manage his Benefits claims. So as far as the world of work is concerned how could anyone say he is " job ready " ?

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid