× Members

Call from Assessment centre

More
2 days 8 hours ago #294931 by Simon200200
Call from Assessment centre was created by Simon200200
Hello

I completed my light touch form back in Oct 23 and randomly on Tuesday a lady rang me and asked if we could chat. I literally panicked and said I couldn’t speak to her. She said that then she would have to write me a letter with a date n time and it would then be a full assessment call and said bye. On reflection I should have probably talked to her. I’ve tried to ring the PIP people and the company she called from and I cannot seem to find anyone to help me to get her to call me back? I think I’d sooner ask her questions then them give me a date for a full assessment call. Anyone got any advice or have I now just got to wait for the letter. This has left me with a sleepless night worrying I’ve made a terrible mistake but I was just so taken aback when she phoned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 days 2 hours ago #294958 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Call from Assessment centre
Hi Simon200200

Don't be hard on yourself. Most people are terrified if they suddenly get such a call. Apart from trying to ring again the same number you already have and getting through to the person concerned, there's nothing else you can do about it. I suspect the letter will already be in the post to you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 day 20 hours ago #294987 by Jorvick88
Replied by Jorvick88 on topic Call from Assessment centre
Hello Simon200200!

A lucky escape I'd say.

I'd advise never to discuss such important issues on the spur of the moment, the caller was almost certainly just trying to catch you out, to clear their desk of another Case.

Always keep everything in writing if at all possible, and if a telephone call is unavoidable, then make sure it is booked in advance, and that you have a tested way to record it. By that I mean trying a test recoding, with a friend calling you, and practice that a few times so you are totally familiar with how the kit works (even if it's just your Mobile recording your landline), and which buttons to press.

A good tip, if using your Landline, is to put that on Speaker Phone, so both sides of the conversation can be heard, and so both can be recorded.

It's important to get what they say, as well as what you say.

But you must buy time to plan for the call, and to make notes, and to practice how you will use your notes on the day.

Practice makes perfect, and avoids getting flustered or in a panic, which will both disrupt your train of thought.

Lastly. watch out of leading questions that appear innocent. Their aim is to get you talking freely, as if they are your friend, during which they will then throw in other questions to try and steer you out of some points for a particular issue, one that may not have been immediately obvious from the initial question.

Jorvick88
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 day 18 hours ago #294990 by greekqueen
Replied by greekqueen on topic Call from Assessment centre
Hi Simon200200, this is quite a common issue, it normally occurs when an assessor is going over your form and needs to ask a question about your answers again, it's nothing sinister and is quite often to confirm something so your claim can be given/renewed.

Unfortunately it looks as though you may have to undergo a full assessment. It would be a good idea to record this.

For future reference, DWP's phonecalls often come from an 'unknown' number on your phone, and this is perfectly normal.

Good luck

Greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.