× Members

Speedy reply indeed

More
4 days 5 hours ago #296064 by David
Replied by David on topic Speedy reply indeed
Hi Lynz,

I need to know if you have yourself, rather than your husband ever made a claim to ESA either Conts or Income Based?
Also you say that your husband is the main ESA claimant. Has this always been the case?

The letter from HB doesn't mention that if the younger partner made the claim then you don't have to claim UC when the older partner becomes a pensioner.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 days 3 hours ago #296066 by Lynz
Replied by Lynz on topic Speedy reply indeed
Hi David
I have never made a claim for ESA, my husband has always been the main claimant so presumambly this means I will have to make a claim for UC and potentially lose all the 'extras' we have as part of our claim now for ESA, even though the only change to our circumstances is my husband will be claiming his pension in November , when he reaches 66. That is the only change to our circumstances.

Lynz

More
4 days 2 hours ago #296068 by David
Hi Lynz,

I am waiting for confirmation that due to the elder partner being the main claimant and the younger not having claimed Conts ESA in the past that you would have to claim UC.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 days 2 hours ago #296072 by Lynz
Hi David

Thanks for letting me know, fingers crossed they will get back to you soon.

Lynz

More
2 days 19 hours ago #296121 by Lynz
Hi David

Sorry to bother you but I wondered if you had any update ?

Lynz

More
2 days 18 hours ago #296124 by David
Hi Lynz,

I haven't had a definitive reply from my colleagues. But I think in your case you and your husband will be caught out by what is called UC Natural Migration. If you had been the main ESA claimant or had claimed Conts based ESA previously then the exemption would have applied.
Professionally speaking you are advised to get a second opinion by a local Advice worker who can examine all the paperwork and check that there isn't an easement that will apply to you. I have been forwarded a 15 page guide on the Migration of Mixed Aged Couples that I can share with you if you want to examine the issue in depth.

David

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid