× Members

Asking for a MR via email/reasonable adjustment

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #315554 by Garth
I've been placed into the WRAG for ESA, and want to ask for a MR. All the guides say write or call the DWP. However, I have a reasonable adjustment in place with them for communicating by email. Therefore does anyone know if I can just email them the form/letter or do I have to post it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #315566 by BIS
Hi Garth

If you have a reasonable adjustment in place that works and you can communicate through email - then email them and check they are happy to receive it by that method.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #315570 by Garth
Thanks. Also, the ESA 12 months runs out for me in early November as I backdated it when I applied in February. Assuming the MR is not completed by then, will I get migrated to UC or does ESA continue until MR and any appeal after that is completed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #315579 by David
Hi Garth

New Style ESA is a Contributions Based Benefit whilst UC is means tested. Your ESA WRAG entitlement ends after 12 months. You can make a claim to UC at any time as long as you meet the qualifying criteria.

You could easily find yourself waiting 6 months for a MR response as other claimants are reporting.

David

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #315643 by Garth
What happens to my ESA status in the meantime, if I indeed face a multi-month wait for a MR? Does it stay on hold after the 365 days have ended, and then come back if placed in the support group? Or do I lose all eligibility for it and go onto UC (once I've applied) regardless of the MR decision?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #315655 by David
Hi Garth

Unfortunately you have summed up the situation " Or do I lose all eligibility for it and go onto UC (once I've applied) regardless of the MR decision".

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: latetrain, BIS, Catherine12345, Chris, David, Forum Moderator
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.