- Posts: 7
× Members
PIP phone assessment experience.
- Martski
- Topic Author
- Offline
Less More
2 days 23 hours ago #315774 by Martski
PIP phone assessment experience. was created by Martski
I just wanted to share my experience with members.
As appointee for a family member I asked for a paper based assessment but was refused. DWP telling me they couldn't change capita's procedures. I was then required to attend a face to face with family member which I refused. The compromise was a phone assessment where capita and DWP insisted on speaking to the family member, to confirm ID and to ensure the appointee basically wasn't inventing the claim. After ID was confirmed I then answered all questions.
What you need to know was that this call was a horrendous experience lasting an unbelievable three and a half hours exactly, not once was a break suggested.
I was probed, queried multiple times in a repetitive manner clearly designed to try to get me to contradict myself.
The family member has mental health issues with no purely physical conditions to discuss. Can you imagine how long the call would have been if physical conditions were also a factor in the claim?
A disgraceful, demeaning and unsupportive process at a time when, as a family our stress is already through the roof.
Unless Timms removes this process, as in Scotland, we must continue to campaign against this inhuman procedure until it's trashed.
As appointee for a family member I asked for a paper based assessment but was refused. DWP telling me they couldn't change capita's procedures. I was then required to attend a face to face with family member which I refused. The compromise was a phone assessment where capita and DWP insisted on speaking to the family member, to confirm ID and to ensure the appointee basically wasn't inventing the claim. After ID was confirmed I then answered all questions.
What you need to know was that this call was a horrendous experience lasting an unbelievable three and a half hours exactly, not once was a break suggested.
I was probed, queried multiple times in a repetitive manner clearly designed to try to get me to contradict myself.
The family member has mental health issues with no purely physical conditions to discuss. Can you imagine how long the call would have been if physical conditions were also a factor in the claim?
A disgraceful, demeaning and unsupportive process at a time when, as a family our stress is already through the roof.
Unless Timms removes this process, as in Scotland, we must continue to campaign against this inhuman procedure until it's trashed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BIS
- Offline
Less More
- Posts: 10557
1 hour 29 minutes ago #315799 by BIS
Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Replied by BIS on topic PIP phone assessment experience.
Hi Martkski
Thank you for taking the time to post. I'm sorry that you had such a horrendous experience. Personally, I would file a complaint. The average assessment length is 90 minutes, and I would question why yours took twice as long and I would say that you suspected the assessor was trying to 'catch you out.' I hope that you still get the outcome you are hoping for.
BIS
Thank you for taking the time to post. I'm sorry that you had such a horrendous experience. Personally, I would file a complaint. The average assessment length is 90 minutes, and I would question why yours took twice as long and I would say that you suspected the assessor was trying to 'catch you out.' I hope that you still get the outcome you are hoping for.
BIS
Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: latetrain, BIS, Catherine12345, Chris, David, Forum Moderator