× Members

How to fill in a appeal form?

• Sam
  • Topic Author
14 years 1 week ago #21150 by Sam
How to fill in a appeal form? was created by Sam
New to this site and was hoping there is a template of some sort to help me fill out the appeal from .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
14 years 1 week ago #21151 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:How to fill in a appeal form?
Hi Sam,

Welcome to Benefits & Work forums.

Can you clarify which appeal form you are referring to, is it a GL24 ?

Also, which social security benefit refusal are you appealing against ?

Many thanks.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Sam
  • Topic Author
14 years 1 week ago #21153 by Sam
Replied by Sam on topic Re:How to fill in a appeal form?
Hi Jim ,

Its DLA for a child , yeh its the GL24

thanks

• lottie100
14 years 1 week ago #21161 by lottie100
Replied by lottie100 on topic Refused DLA
Hi All
I suffer from SLE and have just recieved a letter from DWP saying I am not entitled to either component. They say this is based on my form and information from my hospital doctor.I have only seen my consultant once
it is my GP who looks after my care with meds etc on a regular baisis and they have not contacted him,(it was hi suggestion I apply for dla) I filled the paper work in with honest answers as to my problem on a day to day baisis, I now feel as though I have told lies regarding what I cannot do.
They say I can administer personal care untrue,I have to have help,I cannot prepare food or cook they say I can.I wish they could swap bodies with me just for one of my bad days. any members had the same problem?is it worth appealing?

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
14 years 1 week ago #21162 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:How to fill in a appeal form?
Hi Sam,

When completing form GL24, it isn't necessary to go into great detail as to why you're appealing. A simple statement for example ' I wish to appeal against the decision to refuse my son/daughter ( add their name) DLA because I do not think that the Decision Maker has taken into consideration the care and/or mobility needs of my son/daughter and I wish to lodge an appeal'.

A simple statement like this is sufficient at this stage, since before the DWP send the appeal to the Tribunals Service, the claim will be looked at again ( 'reconsidered') by a more senior Decision Maker, and may be allowed without an appeal.

However, if DLA is not awarded, then my advice is to seek help from an agency such as the CAB, who will help you prepare an appeal and in some cases, may be able to offer representation at an appeal. This really depends on the size and resources of your local CAB.

There is lots of information DLA Appeals in the members only area DLA Appeals

If your local CAB cannot help, then try Community Legal Advice

Hope this is of some help as we cannot give advice on individual claims as is explained in FAQ

Good luck.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• lottie100
14 years 1 week ago #21166 by lottie100
Replied by lottie100 on topic Re:Refused DLA
sorry! I think I am in the wrong place as I needed to ask a question.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.