× Members

Represented?

More
14 years 2 months ago #22413 by doktorjohn
Represented? was created by doktorjohn
How important is it to be represented at the appeal?

I have sent in a good appeal backed-up by my doctor all the way. I could win up to 12 points with it and I only need 6 points but the only representative I could possibly get is from the CAB.
I know how stretched they are and I don't want to use their time if I've already written the appeal myself.

But if it makes a difference to the result, I would be foolish not to try and get someone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #22426 by chubbster
Replied by chubbster on topic Re:Represented?
Do you have a local charity who has advocates for people with mental health or disability problems. I was lucky when i had my ESA tribunal as I had an advocate with me for it.

Might be worth while looking into.

Andy

More
14 years 2 months ago #22429 by CelineL
Replied by CelineL on topic Re: Represented?
I think, however stretched they are, if the CAB has offered to represent you then you should take their offer. Equally being accompanied by a friend or relative could also be beneficial. When I attended my IB appeal in May 2009, a friend was present at the tribunal and my appeal went on to be overturned and IB was reinstated.
Lots of luck to you, I know how stressful it all is. Keep us posted on your progress. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid