× Members

dla tribunal success

• bevlos
  • Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago #24733 by bevlos
dla tribunal success was created by bevlos
I have just been awarded two years dla after attending a tribunal,one year is backdated so I have missed one year of being able to claim for a car on motability,the following year award ends on the 14th july 2011, I have been told I need a full 12 months to be able to get a car on motability, so it means another year with no transport,is there any way round this? seems I have gone through a lot of trouble fighting for this award to miss out on being independant again.
Also could anyone advise me as to what happens next, I have been awarded higher rate mobility and lower rate care, what happens as far as esa now. thankyou for any advise :

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bevlos
  • Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago #24963 by bevlos
Replied by bevlos on topic Re:dla tribunal success
since writing my question I have spoken to dla they have said to write to the tribunal asking for a statement of reasons,and also ask if there is any way they can extend the award so it gives me a full 12 months in order to be able to get a car on motability, I just wondered if there is any one else that has been in a similar position?and if so any tips that might help. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris