× Members

ESA WENT IN BANK THEM CAME STRAIGHT BACK OUT!!!

• pete17971
13 years 4 months ago #38604 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:NOT PAYING ESA UNTILL PASSED MEDICAL!!!!!
jj wrote:

pete17971,

i was claiming income support during the appeal phase, i was and still get dla both lower rates, and i have children so i was and still get child benefit and the same for CTC, HB+CTB, but no others.

what you thinking pete?

Hi,

I think you need to obtain some help to go through all your paperwork to try to establish the reaon this has happened.

Only by going through all your paperowrk with relevant dates etc can this be done. It is far beyond ourselves on the forum.

You can get the help you need from CAB etc or see this document giving sources of help:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/images/image/samples/getting_help.pdf

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 months ago #38605 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:NOT PAYING ESA UNTILL PASSED MEDICAL!!!!!
jj, is the ESA50 due on Dec 21st, the first or second ESA50 form you will of filled in?

• jj
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #38606 by jj
Fedup,

Back in july i failed PCA from the old IB50,had appeal claim IS during the appeal phase, failed appeal. Then made this new first claim for ESA sent all med and this claim includes my first ESA50 which is due in on the 21 Dec 10. !!! I am as confussed as the next person...

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 months ago #38613 by RachelPotter
Hi, I think that if you haven't ever filled in an ESA50 form, you wont get any money until you have.

(Sorry, I am a bit confused still as to whether or not you have).

My reasoning is only based on my own experience

I was moved off of IS when my youngest child reached the lower age limit. I was asked did I want to claim JSA or ESA. I said ESA. There was then a period of at least 6 weeks when I had no money due to the Job Center not getting me to fill in the ESA50.

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
13 years 4 months ago #38615 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:NOT PAYING ESA UNTILL PASSED MEDICAL!!!!!
From what you have said as it would appear that it is less than six months since you failed the PCA, the DWP have realised their error and reversed their decision on your ESA claim.

It has probably been identified from an internal audit as an incorrect award, but nevertheless you are still entitled to an explanation at the very least why you are not being paid ESA, and a formal decision which carries the right of appeal must accompany any decision letter.

There are two exceptions to the six month rule, these being if you have a new medical condition or an existing medical condition has significantly worsened, you can reclaim ESA at any time. If either or both of these conditions may apply, you will initially need confirmation from your GP.

If none of these conditions apply, you will need to calculate six months from the date you failed the PCA, and submit a further claim for ESA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 months ago #38616 by RachelPotter
Hi CrazyDiamond, I hope I'm not driving Mods mad trying to figure this one out! I'll butt out now!

The only thing apart from the 6th month rule, is whether or not an ESA50 was actually sent in?

Best wishes,
Rachel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.