× Members

benefit fraud?

• lola rose
13 years 3 months ago #43929 by lola rose
Replied by lola rose on topic Re:benefit fraud?
No offence but i have multiple sclerosis in a very advanced stage (respite care for 3 weeks) and im launching an appeal against a no award ruling...id be pretty peed off if i knew of somebody claiming dla while refereeing! xx
The topic has been locked.
  • Survivor
13 years 3 months ago #43931 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:benefit fraud?
DLA(LRM) is for people that need supervision in unfamiliar places. A referee could easily be supervised when at an away match, and it would be possible for a referee in a local league only to referee in familiar places.
  • RachelPotter
13 years 3 months ago #43935 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:benefit fraud?
Looks like this thread may be locked soon!

Just wanted to say that I for one am saving my anger for the politicians and the negative media. (and malicious callers).

Does anyone like going to the doctors, hospital, atos medicals, tribunals etc?

People are awarded benefits having gone through the same processes you and I have, don't think then that they just get given benefits easily!
  • Survivor
13 years 3 months ago #43939 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:benefit fraud?
I think that one thing that this case highlights is that DLA entitlement is not clear cut, that it depends on individual circumstances, and that it is very difficult to know whether someone is entitled to DLA without knowing all the circumstances.

If you consider how many appeals against decisions are successful, then it shows that even Decision Makers find it difficult to assess just who is or is not entitled to DLA. That means that we can discuss issues in general, but we only know about specific cases on here what people tell us, which is only a small part of the picture.
  • originaldave
13 years 3 months ago #43942 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:benefit fraud?
pata1 wrote:

Actually, the level of fraud in DLA claims as per DWP statistics is less than 0.5%.

However, that doesn't stop members of the public, usually jealous neighbours,
ex-partners, wives etc anonymously reporting claimants for alleged benefits fraud.

Earlier in the year, Jim was anonymously reported to the DWP Fraudline because he was supposedly renovating our retirement apartment and was allegedly seen carrying bags of sand and cement along our promenade, despite the DWP knowing he'd been a wheelchair user for over 10 years

Our apartment is only 16 years old and is in excellent condition.

However, that didn't stop us being visited by a Customer Compliance Officer.

Thankfully, she was a very kind and understanding lady, and on seeing Jim, she had no hesitation in accepting that Jim was fully entitled to his current DLA award, and went on to inform us that around 95% of anonymous calls turn out to be malicious calls.

Need I say more :ohmy:

Pat :kiss:

it gone up to about 1.8% see my post with details of there being no medical for the DLA change :)

its still low but a big jump from what it was
  • originaldave
13 years 3 months ago #43944 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:benefit fraud?
Survivor wrote:

I think that one thing that this case highlights is that DLA entitlement is not clear cut, that it depends on individual circumstances, and that it is very difficult to know whether someone is entitled to DLA without knowing all the circumstances.

If you consider how many appeals against decisions are successful, then it shows that even Decision Makers find it difficult to assess just who is or is not entitled to DLA. That means that we can discuss issues in general, but we only know about specific cases on here what people tell us, which is only a small part of the picture.

What I have never got my head around is how some very sick people take ages to get DLA awarded and some people who have been found guilty by a court of law sailed through and got the benefit

I think if funding for advice centers is cut, then people found guilty of DLA fraud should be made to do community service and help others fill in there forms, they seem to know what they where doing :)
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.