× Members

esa help needed

• mike1983
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #46767 by mike1983
esa help needed was created by mike1983
hi im confused what to do first question

when i get my esa form and fill it in do i send it back?

also after ive done the esa do i have to go for a medical?

if yes to the above question what do i have to do, do i take someone with me or not.

if no to the above will that alter the result or not and i f i have to bring someone would my mom be ok as she knows about my illnesses.

Modedit: Moved to Questions forum. Gordon
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #46772 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:esa help needed
mike1983

Yes, when you have completed the ESA50 form you send it back, I think you will have about four weeks to do so from when it is received.

Most claimants will have to then attend a medical. You are entitled to bring a companion and your Mother sounds a very good choice.

Gordon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mike1983
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #46876 by mike1983
Replied by mike1983 on topic Re:esa help needed
ok everytime ive done the test on this site for esa i get more than 15 points do atos take into account mental health.

and sometimes i dnt think i should bring my mother as shes so work obessed she would sabotage my medical and say bullshit so i end up on JSA or something,

maybe i should just go to the medical alone i mean my mum is helping me fill out the form.

More
13 years 3 months ago #46878 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:esa help needed
Mike

Test 12-21 of the current WCA and we believe 11-17 of the proposed WCA, are specifically related to Mental Health.

I'll be honest with you and say that ATOS do not have a particularly good track record of dealing with claimants with mental health problems, however, it would not be unreasonable of you to request that you be assessed by a doctor with specific mental health training.

With regard to your mother attending with you, we would not recommend anybody attend a WCA without a companion where possible. I remember when I attended mine, and made the mistake of doing so alone, there is so much going on, questions being asked and being pushed for quick and short answers, that I ended up forgetting to say things I had planned to and really did not present myself as I had planned to. Having someone else with me, would have made a huge difference to how I got on.

I am sure that she will only have your best interests at heart and will be an asset rather than a liability.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris