× Members

DLA Appeal Help

• Teenyweeny
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #52293 by Teenyweeny
DLA Appeal Help was created by Teenyweeny
Hi

Please can anyone help? I requested an appeal re: my DLA which I was awarded in October 2009 at HRM and MRC. After filling in my renewal for this year I was told I have not been awarded anything for either care or mobility.

Obviously I was angry so I telephoned to appeal and requested a copy of my previous application and copies of both Consultants report from Oct 09 and the most recent one so I could see what was different. I was told that I had 6 weeks to appeal rather than 4 weeks because I had requested a copy of my papers. It has been 3 weeks and 2 phone calls later and I have still not received copies of my previous papers (application and Consultant reports). I don't know whether to just send the appeal form back following the guidelines on this site or still wait for the papers and then go to CAB. I am a bit worried as time is running out.

I would appreciate as much advice as possible.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 1 month ago #52294 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: DLA Appeal Help
You could always do belt and braces. Draft an appeal on your computer and make sure you've got a GL24 ready.

Then when you get the documents you've asked for, you can amend/cut and paste your drafted appeal as appropriate.

• Teenyweeny
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #52298 by Teenyweeny
Replied by Teenyweeny on topic Re: DLA Appeal Help
Ok I will do that.

Thanks for your advice.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris