× Members

War pension- Lower standard of occupation.

• Lorraine
8 years 6 months ago #153070 by Lorraine
Replied by Lorraine on topic War pension- Lower standard of occupation.
Hi

Hoping you can help with this! I get a war pension at 50% (lately gone up by 10%). I also get ALSO. Iv'e been claiming these both prior 2009. I also get PIP standard care and mobility.

I have Just had a letter from veterans agency saying they are reducing my ALSO by a whopping £195 a month.

Can they really do this? They are using the "overlapping" thing but iv'e been claiming prior to 2009 so are they allowed to do this to me?their letter was short and sketchy not explaining why properly so i'm only assuming it's because I claim PIP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #153078 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic War pension- Lower standard of occupation.

Lorraine wrote: Hi

Hoping you can help with this! I get a war pension at 50% (lately gone up by 10%). I also get ALSO. Iv'e been claiming these both prior 2009. I also get PIP standard care and mobility.

I have Just had a letter from veterans agency saying they are reducing my ALSO by a whopping £195 a month.

Can they really do this? They are using the "overlapping" thing but iv'e been claiming prior to 2009 so are they allowed to do this to me?their letter was short and sketchy not explaining why properly so i'm only assuming it's because I claim PIP?

I'm sorry but these are not benefits that we advice on in the forum, you will need to get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Alternatively try one of the veteran agencies such as the British Legion.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 6 months ago #153085 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic War pension- Lower standard of occupation.
It's like plaiting fog trying to get any info on war pensions. Looks like the Royal British Legion are your first port of call, only one really. i have been trying to figure out what does what as I have a deterioration claim in.

Good luck and if allowed perhaps the Benefits and Work admins will let you post the outcome for reference for all of us out in the cold on this.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #153087 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic War pension- Lower standard of occupation.

Elisa wrote: It's like plaiting fog trying to get any info on war pensions. Looks like the Royal British Legion are your first port of call, only one really. i have been trying to figure out what does what as I have a deterioration claim in.

Good luck and if allowed perhaps the Benefits and Work admins will let you post the outcome for reference for all of us out in the cold on this.

Hi E,

Even though we can't really offer any advice on this we will certainly have no objections to allowing posts from other members who may be in a similar situation if it will help you and other members ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 6 months ago #153113 by just
Hi Lorraine

If you was was in receipt of Allowance for lowered standard of occupation before the 6th April 2009 then it is totally disregarded as income for ESA

I have a 40% war pension and am in receipt of both ESA contributory support group and ALSO

Here it is written in law

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2009/706/article/6/made

Sounds like a clerical error?

Good Luck JC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dom

More
8 months 1 week ago #286726 by Dom
Thanks for the information re AlSO. I was awarded my war pension in 1994 but the ALSO was awarded in 2011, but is directly linked to the injury’s of of 1992 , have I lost my ALSO because of dates , claims after 2006

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.