× Members

problems accessing site

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70677 by paula
problems accessing site was created by paula
There seems to be problems accessing the site in the last few days, and i have tried to post something three times today says sucessfully posted but not coming up. Is it being overloaded?
Anyway, i will try and ask again. A friend of mine has really struggled to fill in the esa 50 questionnaire. She does not use a computer so cannot download pdf version, she had a social worker from the local cmht come to see her in the week, and my friend had written out a rough draft on the answers to all the questions amounting to 12 sheets of a4, and the social worker told her that she could only write in the boxes provided and not use additional sheets. She also told her to cut down what she had written and write as briefly as possible. I thought the whole idea was to give as much info as poss? She was at our local hospital in the week and she was told by the benefits advisor that everyone is called for a medical and that no one is getting awarded benefit without one. This person told another person no to bother putting in a claim for esa as they had a snowballs' chance in hell of being awarded it. They have mental health problems. My friend ticked it varies to all the dscriptors it seems to me that the local professionals have a hidden agenda and are told not to help in anyway, in fact the local cmht is recommending voluntary work to all and sundry as they have told some that it will get the job centre off their backs, this is worrying me, :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #70679 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:problems accessing site
Hi Paula

Sorry about your previous post, which I approved but seemed to disappear into ether. I'm afraid the site does appear to be overloaded since yesterday's very informative newsletter.

With all due respect to your friend's social worker, she is totally incorrect. You are not restricted to the size of the boxes on the ESA50 and can attached as many additional sheets as required.

Claimants are at a disadvantage if they briefly describe their problems. It is essential to give detailed information of the extent and frequency of all problems that are relevant to the descriptors of the WCA. At the same time though, it is advisable not to bombard the decision maker with dozens of pages of evidence that's out-of-date or not relevant to the test. Please read the ESA50 mental health guide in the members' area, which gives more detailed advice.

I would just add that under the new WCA I may very well have a snowball in hells chance of being awarded ESA myself, but I will nevertheless claim what I believe I am rightfully entitled to and appeal if necessary.

Good luck

Derek
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Derek4. Reason: added info

More
7 years 7 months ago #168378 by Michael Collins
Replied by Michael Collins on topic problems accessing site
Newly subscribed today but won't allow me onto members section tried emailing technical department but not received any acknowledgment according to PayPal the payment as been processed

More
7 years 7 months ago #168395 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic problems accessing site

Michael Collins wrote: Newly subscribed today but won't allow me onto members section tried emailing technical department but not received any acknowledgment according to PayPal the payment as been processed

I'm afraid there is little that the Mods can do to help as we have no access to the back end systems, as you are able to post in the forum your subscription has been activated. Are you getting a subscription message or some other error?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.