× Members

just got letter and phone call from atos dr

• blonde
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #73597 by blonde
i am have just received a letter and then a phone call 20 minutes later stating that the atos dr has to come out to my home in 48hrs !!!! i am very nervous as ive heard that many people are losing their dla benefit after their medical i am thinking of retracting my renewal as this is my 2nd medical in 4yrs !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #73603 by Doris
Is the medical request from atos a direct result of your renewal ?

The atos Dr may not be supportive, but the appeals system is there to make sure you can put you care needs to a panel. IF you're not awarded DLA.

The information guides on the site will help you see things in a more calm light ;)

It is a panic and there is a lot of information out there that can put claimants off. But people are awarded DLA all the time without too much fuss and there is a safety net in sites like this that can help at all stages.

More
12 years 6 months ago #73604 by Gordon
blonde wrote:

i am have just received a letter and then a phone call 20 minutes later stating that the atos dr has to come out to my home in 48hrs !!!! i am very nervous as ive heard that many people are losing their dla benefit after their medical i am thinking of retracting my renewal as this is my 2nd medical in 4yrs !

Welcome to the Forum.

Lots of claimants successfully renew their DLA claims, and often this is following a medical. If you look back through the forum, you will find many of our members letting us know of their success.

Have a look at our DLA claim guides, they will prepare you to answer any questions the doctor might have, there is also a section at the back, that will explain what happens at the medical.

Turning things around if I might, terminating your renewal will end your claim, so if you see this as your only other option, then you have nothing to lose by allowing the medical :)

Yes, some people fail in their renewal, but the vast majority are successful.

Good luck.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #73615 by Derek4
blonde wrote:

Hi blonde

Although it's late telling you now, you have a right to seven days notice before a medical examination takes place.

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits...edpeople/DG_10022605

But good luck with the medical.

Derek

• blonde
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #73626 by blonde
thanks for your comments :) ,atos dr has been asked by SSA to visit and i also told the dr that it didn't matter what day,it just happened to be in the next few days my own fault !
My first medical went grand so fingers crossed (if i could) that everything will be ok
i think this site is fantastic so glad i joined ! :)

• blonde
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #73871 by blonde
atos dr came today stayed nearly 2 hrs and i found them to be very nice but i'll have to wait and see ! :unsure:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris