× Members

Is it legal for RM to open our mail?

More
12 years 6 months ago #75388 by TCP
I have recently read that Royal Mail is intercepting personal mail intended for Atos/DWP, at their behest. Is this legal for mail which we have sent to be handled by Royal Mail staff when it contains very personal information about our health and lives? I just wondered about the legal perspective.
The topic has been locked.
  • bro58
12 years 6 months ago #75389 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Is it legal for RM to open our mail?
TCP wrote:

I have recently read that Royal Mail is intercepting personal mail intended for Atos/DWP, at their behest. Is this legal for mail which we have sent to be handled by Royal Mail staff when it contains very personal information about our health and lives? I just wondered about the legal perspective.

Hi TCP,

See this FOI request regarding this issue :

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dwp_and_atos_healthcare_use_of_r

bro58
More
12 years 6 months ago #75390 by TCP
Sorry, brain fog..I meant to add this link for others to check out: www.aboutaccess.co.uk/article.php?id=251...ng+confidential+post

Does this look genuine?

TCP

PS I think the moderators of this forum are doing a sterling job. I think that it would be great if someone could start up a discussion forum, mainly for support, independently of this site. I'm having to use Facebook for such things and I know that many people are feeling frightened and confused by all of these awful welfare changes.
More
12 years 6 months ago #75392 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Re:Is it legal for RM to open our mail?
Thanks Bro58, this is the second item that I have read about it. It seems to be more about security than anything else. Wonder if they are expecting trouble??!!

TCP
  • bro58
12 years 6 months ago #75393 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Is it legal for RM to open our mail?
I have locked this thread as I feel that there is no more to be said.

Unfortunately this is not a discussion forum.

cheers :)

bro58
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris