× Members

esa payment not released

• tartanman
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #84888 by tartanman
esa payment not released was created by tartanman
I noticed today that my normal esa payment was not in my bank account. On waiting for only 25mins on hold to speak to someone in the know at the job centre I was informed that my payment was not released but that it did not say why. I was asked if I have received any notification regarding this which I have not. She has e-mailed the relevant dept asking them to get in touch with me either by 5pm today or by 11.15 on Mon. Has anyone else experienced this? Luckily I will manage money wise or would've been in a right pickle with no warning. I think I will be informing my MP of my experience. :angry:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #84899 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:esa payment not released
Tartanman

From your previous posts, you are on main phase ESA which eliminates all the usual reasons for your payments not being released. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the call back.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tartanman
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #85119 by tartanman
Replied by tartanman on topic Re:esa payment not released
Thanks for the reply Gordon. My ESA payment was held up because it was being recalculated due to the new tax year. I was advised that I would receive £5 extra/wk. I have now received my payment but with no increase. O well you can't win them all!

• millymoo
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #85132 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:esa payment not released
Hi

I have found myself in the same position as OP> I have checked my bank this pm and my ESA also hasn't gone into my bank account, it was due on Tues!! It was too late to ring them when i found out so i will ring them in the morning. Coul you please tell me how late these payments are going in tartanman as i am really worried as i have bills going out against this?

I thought my life was improving until i checked my bank!!! Problems with DWP never seem to end!!! I have been in the support group for sometime now so i certainly wasn't expecting any delays with my money!!!

Mm :( xx
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

• tartanman
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #85224 by tartanman
Replied by tartanman on topic Re:esa payment not released
Mines was due in on the fri but didn't appear in my account until the mon afternoon. In total it took 70minutes on hold to the DWP before I finally spoke to someone who luckily turned out competent enough to sort the problem. Good luck.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 5 months ago #85227 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:esa payment not released
Hi everybody

Can I refer members to the following FAQ

Benefit payment dates

Also the DWP often pay benefits a day early, to cover problems with the system, so if a payment is not in your account on the day that it usually is, this may not mean there is actually a problem with your claim, just that it is being paid on the day it should.

Thanks

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.