× Members

help with ESA form

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #85030 by kittygirl
help with ESA form was created by kittygirl
hi all,

many thanks for your reply a few weeks ago as I had not received my ESA 50 for, unlukily for me it appeared last week. I have been filling the downloaded form for the last 3 weeks so I'm ahead, but I would just like a few bits of advice please, I will keep it short.
1. I am on Temgesic which is a morphine based tablet, should I explain how the drug affects me as I suffer very bad spinal pain and there is no cure for me.

2. I suffer with retention and have to catherterise myself 3-4 hourly, but I have quite bad leakage problems even with pads I have to change, but will they see a catheter as a collection device?.

3.I have only just moved to a new area, so asking my new doctor for a letter of support could be a bit fraught,I have no consultants as I was discharged to my doctor, as they could do no more for me.

many thanks
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #85031 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:help with ESA form
Hi Kitty,
1) Yes, include any information that might be helpful, including the side effects of your medication.

2) I am not sure. I suspect the argument will be that you do not suffer from complete involuntary voiding of the bladder but I'm sure another mod will be along to offer a more knowledgeable opinion.

3) I don't know whether your records will have arrived at your new surgery (they can sometimes be uploaded onto the computer the on the day you register, but paper records can take 6 weeks or so). However, it might be a good idea to make an appointment to go and introduce yourself to your new GP. Tell him/her what medeication you are on, precis your past history and let them know how things are for you at the moment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago #85036 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:help with ESA form
Kitty

Have a look at the WCA Handbook, there is a copy in the Members area, this is used by the ATOS "doctor" to guide their assessment, you want section 3.2.10.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris