× Members

SDA

• shazza1928
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #89927 by shazza1928
SDA was created by shazza1928
Hi, I have been in receipt of SDA ( Severe Disability Allowance ) for a few years now. Will this be changing to another benefit. I have a few health problems including Asthma, Athritis in the spine and Meniere`s Disease. Not quite sure where I stand in all of this. It`s all so worrying and confusing. Apprieciate any advice. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 9 months ago #89928 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:SDA
shazza1928 wrote:

Hi, I have been in receipt of SDA ( Severe Disability Allowance ) for a few years now. Will this be changing to another benefit. I have a few health problems including Asthma, Athritis in the spine and Meniere`s Disease. Not quite sure where I stand in all of this. It`s all so worrying and confusing. Apprieciate any advice. Thank you.

Hi S1928,

All recipients of SDA, IB, and Income Support on the grounds of ill health will be transferred over to ESA by Spring 2014.

Have a read of our Transfer FAQ's from here :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

Hope this helps.

bro58

More
11 years 9 months ago #89929 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:SDA
Claimants currently receiving severe disablement allowance (SDA) will eventually be migrated to ESA sometime between now and 2014, but whether ESA migration will in fact be completed before 2014 is anybody's guess?!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• shazza1928
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #89931 by shazza1928
Replied by shazza1928 on topic Re:SDA
Thank you very much

• shazza1928
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago #89935 by shazza1928
Replied by shazza1928 on topic Re:SDA
Thanks just read your link.It is all very complicated, trying not to worry about it.

• bro58
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #89936 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:SDA
shazza1928 wrote:

Thanks just read your link.It is all very complicated, trying not to worry about it.

Yes s1928,

It can seem quite daunting.

I am not aware of your age obviously, but anyone who reaches State Pension Age by 6th April 2014 will not be transferred, see :

Who will be transferred?

If you feel that you will be transferred, try not to worry, as it could be as late as 2014.

In the mean time, you may wish to gradually read up on ESA, so that you can gain a better understanding.

Have a look at our ESA Guides also, here :

ESA Guides

Our ESA FAQ's can be accessed from here :

ESA FAQ’s

If you have any general questions, please return here.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris