× Members

DWP Slow at providing Information.

• fithgear
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #95155 by fithgear
DWP Slow at providing Information. was created by fithgear
After migrating from I.B. to ESA WRAG group without a medical.
I decided to appeal I have requested through a subject access request.
ESA85a along with the decision makers score sheet ETC.
So I can make an informed decision on my appeal
To date all I have received is a statement of reason which to put it lightly is full of inaccuracies.
I have requested all the information plus GL24 on three different occasions now without reply,
I only have a week left to submit my GL24.
I am in north Yorkshire and have requested the info from Sheffield JCB which is where my original decision came from.
However my statement of reason came from leodis way Leeds.
So I am at a loss who to contact now I will be downloading the GL24 as I can’t wait any longer.
Does anyone know which job centre I send my GL24 and subject access request Sheffield or Leeds?.
Or do you think it’s best to send one to both job centres.
Also how do I go about getting the documents I requested for the tribunal it seems as though DWP are trying to get away without giving me the documents I require.
Finally can I type out the GL24 or does it have to be written?
Thanks for all your help.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #95156 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DWP Slow at providing Information.
fithgear

Usually it's the other way around, everything but the Statement of Reasons.

You do not have to go into detail on your GL24 as to why you are appealing, if you believe that you have already submitted sufficient evidence to justify a Support Group placement, or you can see from the SoR that there are significant issues in the Decision process, then these may be sufficient to explain your reasons.

This is explained in more detail in the ESA Appeal guide, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

I would be tempted to send your GL24 to Leeds as this appears to be where your file is, but it shouldn't matter which you choose :)

The downloadable GL24 is not an interactive document, so unless you really are going to type on it, you will have to write it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• fithgear
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #95159 by fithgear
Replied by fithgear on topic Re:DWP Slow at providing Information.
Thanks for the reply Gordon.
Will they automatically send out all my documents before the appeal starts ?. Or will I have to push them As I really need to know how they have come to there decision in the descriptors and how they have pointed me thanks again.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by .

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #95160 by
Or, you could download the GL24 from the link on this page :

How to submit an appeal

Print off the relevant part, (as a lot of it is advisory notes)

Then handwrite in the appropriate section, please see my reasons for appealing on seperate added documents which number XX pages.

Then type the added pages on a Word Doc, print off, and attach with staples etc.

If you are going to do this. make sure that you put your Name, NI Number and DOB at the head of every page. It may help further to number them 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, etc, etc.

See : Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

11 years 5 months ago #95164 by
fithgear wrote:

Will they automatically send out all my documents before the appeal starts ?. Or will I have to push them As I really need to know how they have come to there decision in the descriptors and how they have pointed me thanks again.

Hi fg,

Do not miss the one month deadline to submit your appeal due to waiting for documents to arrive, which may not even exist.

Concentrate on showing how and why you qualify for the SG under at least one of the descriptors.

You could state in the GL24 that you are awaiting documentation that you have requested from the DWP, and will provide more information if applicable when the requested documentation arrives.

See : Qualifying for the Support Group

bro58

• fithgear
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #95166 by fithgear
Replied by fithgear on topic Re:DWP Slow at providing Information.
bro58 wrote:

fithgear wrote:

Hi fg,

Do not miss the one month deadline to submit your appeal due to waiting for documents to arrive, which may not even exist.

Concentrate on showing how and why you qualify for the SG under at least one of the descriptors.

You could state in the GL24 that you are awaiting documentation that you have requested from the DWP, and will provide more information if applicable when the requested documentation arrives.

See : Qualifying for the Support Group

bro58

Yes thanks for that bro58 I will send off my GL24 tommorow hopefully I will Recieve the other info later,I need to know how they have pointed me in the Descriptors to fight my case.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.