× Members

Submitted evidence

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #99919 by Ness42
Submitted evidence was created by Ness42
I hope someone is able to help me.
I have completed the ESA50 last year.It was sent with various medical reports, up to date hospital reports and scans, plus copies of every DWP report over the last 36 years, in total about 4 inches thick.

I know I score more than the required points to go into the support group. I have received notification I have to attend a medical assessment.
I queried with the DWP if all the medical evidence they held has been considered.
They told me they disregard everything and look at the form only.I was also told recordings were not permitted, and they had never heard of this. This was only two days ago!

Is the decision maker who looks at the ESA 50 form required to consider ALL the medical evidence submitted ? It appears they have either chosen to not look at the evidence or disregard it
If they are required to consider all the evidence can I insist they re examine the form and evidence I submitted.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #99924 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Submitted evidence
ATOS undertake the 'pre board' assessment to decide whether a decision can be reached without a face-to-face assessment. I don't know whether they are supposed to look at all the evidence presented at this stage.
The claimant is not able to insist that they do not have a face-to-face assessment.

You say that you have enough points to go into the Support Group. Don't forget that the Support Group is not points based but depends entirely on meeting the specific criteria

Qualifying for the Support Group

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #99933 by Jean
Replied by Jean on topic Submitted evidence
I too have more than enough(3 in all)of the right sort of health problems to earn me a place in the support group and am still calledfor a WCA, so you are not alone, if that's of any comfort to you.

They also said they were postponing the date for my WCA (originally 4th March) because they were reading something that my doctor had sent to them.
That isn't quite perhaps the same thing as them saying that they would read all the medical records which I have sent them, but if we pout your and my case together it does raise a suspicion in my mind of lack of uniformity and different claimants being treated differently according to which member(s) of ATOS get their mits on which claimant's claim.

Good luck, I think I know how you feel.

jean.

Mod Edit : post changed to lower case from block capitals.

Please write in normal case, as block capitals come across as shouting to members who use screen readers due to visual impairment.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by .

More
11 years 6 months ago #99938 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Submitted evidence
If you want your WCA recorded you have to book it with ATOS and keep checking that it will go ahead. I telephoned and wrote to them in plenty of time.

Good luck ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bearer

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.