× Members

ESA 0points - what happens now?

More
11 years 5 months ago #102511 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: Hi Everyone

Well have posted off my Appeal today using a tracking service. I had been advised on this forum to send any medical evidence but I do not have any so I wrote in the tiny box on the form that further evidence may be submitted at a later date. I typed out 2 A4 sheets where I challenged 5 or 6 of the Decision Makers comments and now am back into the waiting game - it is already four months since I was initially contacted :( . I just need to try and not stress out about it because I cannot do any more at this stage but I do find it difficult to relax. I have also enclosed my first Med 3 form with the appeal paperwork - first sick note since January 1997 :(

In general how long are people waiting for Appeals at the moment ? - I understand that it will vary but thought I would ask anyway. I am in the West Midlands and apparently come under the Wolverhampton Job Centre :unsure:

Will update on this as and when :) Judith

We have been finding it difficult to find official Tribunal waiting times, the last one was over a year ago, however, there is a discussion on RightsNet about the Wolverhampton area and they are suggesting that waiting times are currently about 10 months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #102535 by benefits61
Replied by benefits61 on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi I was in a similar situation to yourself similar age and illnesses. and I too was stressed out for a very long time. It affects every aspect of your life, I feel for you. Keep going and never give up. I got thro on appeal - this time.

Ann
The following user(s) said Thank You: alzon, Judith

• Judith
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #103064 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi All

I just want to ask what the next step will be in my process of appealing - I posted it on 12th April. What will happen next - do the DWP have a time limit in which to acknowledge my appeal and what happens about a benefit being set up whilst I am appealing, do they sort it automatically?

Thank you annken for your encouragement, I will not give up but whilst preparing my appeal I could easily have given up, I wanted to escape and not come back :angry:

Thanks folks
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 5 months ago #103072 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: Hi All

I just want to ask what the next step will be in my process of appealing - I posted it on 12th April. What will happen next - do the DWP have a time limit in which to acknowledge my appeal and what happens about a benefit being set up whilst I am appealing, do they sort it automatically?

Thank you annken for your encouragement, I will not give up but whilst preparing my appeal I could easily have given up, I wanted to escape and not come back :angry:

Thanks folks

The DWP should acknowledge receipt of the appeal within 10 working days, if they have not within this timescale then I would contact them by phone.

You should receive the ESA Assessment rate, providing that you have also provided an up to date Fit Note, although it could take a couple weeks for it to be re-instated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Judith
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago #103073 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Thanks Gordon :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #103074 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Well done, Judith, in getting your appeal in.

In my case I waited over 3 months before the intervention of the Job centre+ advisor speeded up the DM at DWP who changed the decision in my favour.

I am sure you did your homework and submitted a strong appeal according to your previous posts. Unfortunately the waiting game in my experience varied between being stressful and tedious. I became obsessed by it all. I suggest you keep yourself occupied with something that can take your mind off it all if possible.

Hope you have good news before too long.

P C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid