× Members

ESA 0points - what happens now?

More
11 years 2 months ago #102511 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: Hi Everyone

Well have posted off my Appeal today using a tracking service. I had been advised on this forum to send any medical evidence but I do not have any so I wrote in the tiny box on the form that further evidence may be submitted at a later date. I typed out 2 A4 sheets where I challenged 5 or 6 of the Decision Makers comments and now am back into the waiting game - it is already four months since I was initially contacted :( . I just need to try and not stress out about it because I cannot do any more at this stage but I do find it difficult to relax. I have also enclosed my first Med 3 form with the appeal paperwork - first sick note since January 1997 :(

In general how long are people waiting for Appeals at the moment ? - I understand that it will vary but thought I would ask anyway. I am in the West Midlands and apparently come under the Wolverhampton Job Centre :unsure:

Will update on this as and when :) Judith

We have been finding it difficult to find official Tribunal waiting times, the last one was over a year ago, however, there is a discussion on RightsNet about the Wolverhampton area and they are suggesting that waiting times are currently about 10 months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #102535 by benefits61
Replied by benefits61 on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi I was in a similar situation to yourself similar age and illnesses. and I too was stressed out for a very long time. It affects every aspect of your life, I feel for you. Keep going and never give up. I got thro on appeal - this time.

Ann
The following user(s) said Thank You: alzon, Judith

• Judith
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #103064 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi All

I just want to ask what the next step will be in my process of appealing - I posted it on 12th April. What will happen next - do the DWP have a time limit in which to acknowledge my appeal and what happens about a benefit being set up whilst I am appealing, do they sort it automatically?

Thank you annken for your encouragement, I will not give up but whilst preparing my appeal I could easily have given up, I wanted to escape and not come back :angry:

Thanks folks
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #103072 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: Hi All

I just want to ask what the next step will be in my process of appealing - I posted it on 12th April. What will happen next - do the DWP have a time limit in which to acknowledge my appeal and what happens about a benefit being set up whilst I am appealing, do they sort it automatically?

Thank you annken for your encouragement, I will not give up but whilst preparing my appeal I could easily have given up, I wanted to escape and not come back :angry:

Thanks folks

The DWP should acknowledge receipt of the appeal within 10 working days, if they have not within this timescale then I would contact them by phone.

You should receive the ESA Assessment rate, providing that you have also provided an up to date Fit Note, although it could take a couple weeks for it to be re-instated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Judith
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #103073 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Thanks Gordon :)

More
11 years 2 months ago #103074 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Well done, Judith, in getting your appeal in.

In my case I waited over 3 months before the intervention of the Job centre+ advisor speeded up the DM at DWP who changed the decision in my favour.

I am sure you did your homework and submitted a strong appeal according to your previous posts. Unfortunately the waiting game in my experience varied between being stressful and tedious. I became obsessed by it all. I suggest you keep yourself occupied with something that can take your mind off it all if possible.

Hope you have good news before too long.

P C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.