× Members

ESA 0points - what happens now?

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #112642 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
Hi Mods

Just trying to get my head together in order to send more information for my appeal hearing and have contacted my sister to see if she would write a statement - and she has said she will. What form should the statement/letter take and addressed to whom? I would have told my sister do a statement type letter to TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN but as this hearing is so crucial to me I want to do my best to get it right!! So am looking to you experienced mods for confirmation or other instructions :) . Also when I filled in the appeal form I had to type in block capitals, which I duly did, but do we need to do this now as well?? As an experienced secretary I hate the block capitals !!

Is it worth me pointing out to the tribunal that this procedure has caused great stress which has exacerbated my health conditions and being so close to receiving my retirement pension (09/14) or is it best to just explain how my conditions affect my daily life?

Thanking you

Judith
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #112649 by
Replied by on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: Hi Mods

Just trying to get my head together in order to send more information for my appeal hearing and have contacted my sister to see if she would write a statement - and she has said she will. What form should the statement/letter take and addressed to whom? I would have told my sister do a statement type letter to TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN but as this hearing is so crucial to me I want to do my best to get it right!! So am looking to you experienced mods for confirmation or other instructions :) . Also when I filled in the appeal form I had to type in block capitals, which I duly did, but do we need to do this now as well?? As an experienced secretary I hate the block capitals !!

Is it worth me pointing out to the tribunal that this procedure has caused great stress which has exacerbated my health conditions and being so close to receiving my retirement pension (09/14) or is it best to just explain how my conditions affect my daily life?

Thanking you

Judith

Hi J,

Your sister could write a "Statement of Fact" in support of your appeal.

The heading of "To Whom it May Concern" should be fine.

She could end the statement with wording to the effect of " The above statement is a true and accurate to the best of my knowledge"

She could give a resume of how long she has known you, your medical conditions, and the limitations that she is aware of due to said medical conditions. Any care or support that she provides for you, or any care or support that you receive from others that she is aware of, etc, etc.

You do not have to use block capitals, try and lay it out in clear cut paragraphs, which you can number for ease of reference.

Remember, the important issue to to show how and why you qualify for The WRAG and/or The SG by fulfilling the qualifying descriptors :

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

You could mention that the appeal process has exacerbated your medical conditions, if that is the case, however I would shy clear of mentioning any loss of monies, or the fact that you reach SPA in 09/14.

The Tribunal will only be interested in whether or not you should have been placed into The WRAG or The SG at the time of the adverse fit for work decision, and whether the Law/ESA Regulations have been applied incorrectly, in not doing so, at that time.

bro58

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #113456 by Judith
Well, I put together another 3 pages of comments from me, my sister gave me a statement of fact and I found an old letter (2001) from the Consultant in Occupational Health when I was examined for my ill-health pension and sent them all off last week.

My appeal hearing is next Wednesday the 20th November and I have been very stressed out about it all - it has done wonders for my Diabetes - not - I am always being told to reduce stress when it is the "professionals" who are giving me the stress.

Unfortunately, at this time, my 37 year old foster daughter is dying with secondary breast cancer. We visited her yesterday and are planning another visit on Saturday if she is still with us. She is unresponsive and asleep all the time and even more sadly she has a 5 year old little boy. She also has a very loving husband and we are all totally devastated.

I have to go through with the appeal for the sake of principle and others and my daughter would certainly want me to continue but a big part of me feels like saying stuff your benefits :( . On her last text to me a week ago she wished me luck for the 20th so I do have to do it for her - she has only lived this long because she has been so remarkably positive.

Hope you do not mind me sharing this - we are all terribly heartbroken - she has been part of our family for 21 years.

Thank you.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #113467 by
Replied by on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?

Judith wrote: Well, I put together another 3 pages of comments from me, my sister gave me a statement of fact and I found an old letter (2001) from the Consultant in Occupational Health when I was examined for my ill-health pension and sent them all off last week.

My appeal hearing is next Wednesday the 20th November and I have been very stressed out about it all - it has done wonders for my Diabetes - not - I am always being told to reduce stress when it is the "professionals" who are giving me the stress.

Unfortunately, at this time, my 37 year old foster daughter is dying with secondary breast cancer. We visited her yesterday and are planning another visit on Saturday if she is still with us. She is unresponsive and asleep all the time and even more sadly she has a 5 year old little boy. She also has a very loving husband and we are all totally devastated.

I have to go through with the appeal for the sake of principle and others and my daughter would certainly want me to continue but a big part of me feels like saying stuff your benefits :( . On her last text to me a week ago she wished me luck for the 20th so I do have to do it for her - she has only lived this long because she has been so remarkably positive.

Hope you do not mind me sharing this - we are all terribly heartbroken - she has been part of our family for 21 years.

Thank you.

Hi J,

Wishing you the very best of luck at your Tribunal hearing next week, and please do update us.

I am so sorry to hear of your foster daughter, my thoughts are with you at this time. :(

bro58

More
10 years 7 months ago #113471 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA 0points - what happens now?
I am so sorry to hear of the situation with your foster daughter, it does seem particularly unkind that you should have to be dealing with the appeal at such a difficult time :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

• Judith
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago #113475 by Judith
Yes it is Mrs H but as I sob on and off it is giving me the motivation to do this, George would never give up and I am tonight as I have written on here I am convinced that I have to do it for her. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.