× Members

Seetec

• Queenrania
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104549 by Queenrania
Seetec was created by Queenrania
Hi , I am in the wrag group, got a letter to go to job centre to see an advisor . She was kind, she asked a few question about my condition and type them in the computer. A few minutes later she told me I have to go to job interview or a company called seetec to help me get back to work . My problem is I can't travel on my own and I can't get anyone to take me there. I am on medication and drowsy all the time, any one heard of this company called seetec, what do they do? How can I tell them I can't attend for the reason above. Any advice is appreciated :angry:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104556 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Seetec

Queenrania wrote: Hi , I am in the wrag group, got a letter to go to job centre to see an advisor . She was kind, she asked a few question about my condition and type them in the computer. A few minutes later she told me I have to go to job interview or a company called seetec to help me get back to work . My problem is I can't travel on my own and I can't get anyone to take me there. I am on medication and drowsy all the time, any one heard of this company called seetec, what do they do? How can I tell them I can't attend for the reason above. Any advice is appreciated :angry:

Hi Q,

Seetec are one of The Works Programme Providers used by the DWP:

www.seetec.co.uk/partprov/about_government_programmes.aspx

As with all Work Related Activity, (WFI's & WRA), The JCP and any WPP, have to take into account any limitations suffered by the claimant as a result of their medical conditions, and are required to make any "Reasonable Adjustments".

This is covered under the EA2010, for people who fulfill the definition of a "Disabled Person".

It may help if you write down all your suffered limitations, and make a formal request for Reasonable Adjustments under The EA2010.

See the following links :

www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010

Sections 20-22 of :

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-programme-memo-082.pdf

www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy...ramme-provider.shtml

Work Focused Interviews

Work Programme

Changes to ESA Sanctions

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.