× Members

ESA REASSESSMENT

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104554 by Augustus
ESA REASSESSMENT was created by Augustus
I am sorry to be asking really obvious question but unfortunately I cannot focus to long on your website to found out all the answers, so please bear with me.
Can someone please tell me:
1. I am currently receiving ESA support group element but have received ESA50 so am being re-assessed. Do I stay on the support group amount until a new decision is made? If amount is due to drop, should not the DWP advise me in writing? I was given ESA support for 12 moths in May 2012.

2. If a new decision kept me in support but for a shorter period, could I appeal this or ask for a reconsideration?

3. If I don't agree with a new DWP decision, is it true that I can't appeal immediately anymore, but would have to ask for a reconsideration? What is the new procedure immediately you hear from DWP if you disagree?

Many thanks for your help.
Your website is a boon to all of us!

A
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #104557 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA REASSESSMENT

Augustus wrote: I am sorry to be asking really obvious question but unfortunately I cannot focus to long on your website to found out all the answers, so please bear with me.
Can someone please tell me:
1. I am currently receiving ESA support group element but have received ESA50 so am being re-assessed. Do I stay on the support group amount until a new decision is made? If amount is due to drop, should not the DWP advise me in writing? I was given ESA support for 12 moths in May 2012.

2. If a new decision kept me in support but for a shorter period, could I appeal this or ask for a reconsideration?

3. If I don't agree with a new DWP decision, is it true that I can't appeal immediately anymore, but would have to ask for a reconsideration? What is the new procedure immediately you hear from DWP if you disagree?

Many thanks for your help.
Your website is a boon to all of us!

A

To answer your questions.

1. You will continue to receive the Support Group rate until a new Decision on your claim is made.

2. I am afraid not, the re-assessment period is not part of the Decision and cannot be appealed.

3. The changes you are referring to are related to Universal Credit and do not come into effect until October, even then it is not clear how and whether they will affect existing ESA claimants.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.