× Members

request for reasons of overturned desicion

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104579 by gammasan00
request for reasons of overturned desicion was created by gammasan00
Hello all,
I'm wondering if someone can fiill me in on the details here, I'd like to obtain the information in regard to my last assessment which was overturned in my favour, the letter dwp send doesn't actually provide the reasons for the change of mind.
Can I request the information, and is there a particular method I have to use in order for the dwp to send it, as they have a tendency to fudge on these kind of requests.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104587 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic request for reasons of overturned desicion

hedzonxonx wrote: Hello all,
I'm wondering if someone can fiill me in on the details here, I'd like to obtain the information in regard to my last assessment which was overturned in my favour, the letter dwp send doesn't actually provide the reasons for the change of mind.
Can I request the information, and is there a particular method I have to use in order for the dwp to send it, as they have a tendency to fudge on these kind of requests.

Congratulations on getting the original Decision changed.

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

To answer your question, it depends on who overturned the Decision.

If it was the DWP during a Reconsideration, then there should be an LT54 form which should contain the information that you are looking for, you can request this over the phone although we recommend that you follow up your request in writing.

If it was at an appeal, then you can request the Statement of Reasons from the Tribunal Service, however, you should consider the value of this information before making the request as the DWP will also receive a copy, and requesting a SoR is the first stage of challenging a Tribunal Decision. The likelihood is that the DWP would not go down this route, but you would be giving them the opportunity and the information to do this is they wished.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.