× Members

Advice needed please re ESA Appeal process

• del
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #109919 by del

Gordon wrote:

del wrote: Due to incomplete information being supplied to me in SAR do I have to wait a further 40 days if I ask why the omitted information has been withheld from me, and for them to supply me with the omitted information? There is a general letter attached re being able to hold back information but it is general and does not relate to me personally.

It depends why the information is missing.

If it was encompassed within the original request, then in principle there should be no reason why you have to wait a further 40 days.

If the reason that it is missing is because the DWP do not think it is part of the original request then you would have to submit a new request and they would have a further 40 days to respond.

So you need to contact to find out why there is data missing, before you can proceed further.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon, definitely forms part of original request, some sections missing from the documents. I will contact them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• del
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #109920 by del

bro58 wrote: Hi d,

Sometimes when The DWP Data Controller provides information as the result of a SAR, they provide a direct contact e-mail/telephone number with the accompanying letter.

If this is the case, you could contact them direct to expedite matters.

bro58

thanks bro, no telephone number but I have name and address of jobcentre so will have to write to them.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #109921 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Advice needed please re ESA Appeal process

del wrote:

bro58 wrote: Hi d,

Sometimes when The DWP Data Controller provides information as the result of a SAR, they provide a direct contact e-mail/telephone number with the accompanying letter.

If this is the case, you could contact them direct to expedite matters.

bro58

thanks bro, no telephone number but I have name and address of jobcentre so will have to write to them.

Hi d,

In that case, it may help if you address it FAO The Data Controller, and write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left of envelope.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• del
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago #110062 by del
Well so much for reconsideration it was processed so quickly I did not have time to respond with any more evidence that I said I would provide B) Off on the long stressful road now to appeal :(

• del
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #110697 by del
Bit confused here again :(

Putting together notes for appeal. My health iinvolves fluctuating and unpredictable conditions meaning I am restricted to being in house for several days, stuck in bed some days, most times I try things I do not manage to complete or go back to. There are days when I can manage but not very much as it makes me so exhausted.

I ticked the 50m because I cannot walk always walk anywhere near that distance but I also said at times I could manage 100 m but not more, also explained about severe pain, exhaustion, weakness, fatigue which I suffer all the time. My evidence all backs what I have said.

Problem is I am having difficulty understanding if I cannot always walk 50m when I need to, reliablity, repeatedly, etc why do they say I do not meet support group.
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #110699 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Advice needed please re ESA Appeal process
Don't forget that the descriptor refers to 'mobilisation' not 'walking'. It may be that you have fallen foul of the 'imaginary wheelchair'.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid