× Members

Claim for ESA

• windmill54
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136623 by windmill54
Claim for ESA was created by windmill54
Hi, I am in the process of claiming ESA but owing to my health I will not be able to attend a F2F if required. I do have a medical report from by GP as to my condition. If I am unable to attend will my assessment phase benefit amount stop altogether, even my NIC credits?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136637 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Claim for ESA

windmill54 wrote: Hi, I am in the process of claiming ESA but owing to my health I will not be able to attend a F2F if required. I do have a medical report from by GP as to my condition. If I am unable to attend will my assessment phase benefit amount stop altogether, even my NIC credits?

If Maximus, the Assessment Provider decides that your require a face to face in order for them to make a recommendation on your claim, then there is no way around this and your claim cannot progress without one being done.

You can request a home assessment, you will need your GP to write to Maximus explaining why you cannot attend at their offices, I'm afraid the decision is at their discretion although you can try contacting your MP about the situation.

Contacting your MP

I'm afraid the bottom line is that if you do not attend then your claim can be closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• windmill54
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139130 by windmill54
Replied by windmill54 on topic Claim for ESA
Hi
I received my ESA50 health questionnaire and with the help of your guides completed it. I am sure that I have 15 points on several of the descriptors, I suffer with mental health. What I dont understand is at what stage do the assessors use the points system? At the F2F or from the completed ESA50. Many thanks.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139132 by Gordon

windmill54 wrote: Hi
I received my ESA50 health questionnaire and with the help of your guides completed it. I am sure that I have 15 points on several of the descriptors, I suffer with mental health. What I dont understand is at what stage do the assessors use the points system? At the F2F or from the completed ESA50. Many thanks.

When your claim gets to the top of the pile, Maximus will review it to see whether an assessment is required, it is at this point that they may seek further evidence from any doctor that you named in your ESA50. If an assessment is not required then an assessment report will be created from your ESA50 and any other information related to your claim.

If an assessment is required, then then assessment report will not be produced until they have seen you and it will be based on the interview and your ESA50 and any other information that they have.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• windmill54
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #140108 by windmill54
Replied by windmill54 on topic Claim for ESA
Hi, I am still in the assessment phase of my ESA claim and have heard nothing since sending back my completed ESA50. I am now in my 11th week. My 3 month Gps fit note is due to run out in 2 weeks. Will the DWP request this or do I just send the new one to them. In which case, where do I send it? Many thanks

More
8 years 7 months ago #140117 by Gordon

windmill54 wrote: Hi, I am still in the assessment phase of my ESA claim and have heard nothing since sending back my completed ESA50. I am now in my 11th week. My 3 month Gps fit note is due to run out in 2 weeks. Will the DWP request this or do I just send the new one to them. In which case, where do I send it? Many thanks

They may contact you but I would not wait for them to do so, you should send the new one to the DWP office dealing with your claim, the address will on the latest letter that you have received about your claim.

Don't forget to take a copy before sending it off.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.