× Members

PIP review

More
9 years 2 months ago #138417 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic PIP review
Sorry to post on your post angelcake. I just wandered if it was a yes to sending your current PIP award letter as I won on tribunal until January 2017 but am expecting to be reviewed any time after the new year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #138422 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP review
Hi Michelle,
That's fine not sure what you mean though? :) it was about an extension for getting me PIP2 in. I'm not sure about the award letter as I never got one originally
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somerset21

More
9 years 1 month ago #138437 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic PIP review
Thank you for responding angelcake. I thought you asked if it was worth sending in your previous award letter with your pip renewal form.

More
9 years 1 month ago #139147 by angelcake
Hi Michelle,

Really Sorry for only just getting back, not been on the forum, been trying to get my PIP2 done!

Oh right, I didn't get an original award letter but I think I may have a letter from this year stating how much I'm entitled to - is that an award letter?

and why are you saying it's good to send that in and would help??

not sure what you mean about what happened with you, if you don't mind explaining lol sorry

thanks

AC

More
9 years 1 month ago #139148 by angelcake
Hi Gordon,

I've got to send my PIP off tomorrow as it's due in on Sunday. I've completed the form but

I've run out of time to finish my additional info (12 pages!) for each descriptor, so I've done the bulk but realistically need a bit more time, could probably get it finished on Tuesday to post

I've done the form and will do a covering letter.

Do you think it will be ok ??(as I've had an extension already) to send the form in to keep the claim open but signal on the form and covering letter that there is additional info to follow ASAP.

Just a bit concerned as already given me an extension but I would have to do an all-nighter tonight and into tomorrow which is just not possible.

and I don't think I can do much more tonight and focus on checking the form tomorrow and getting to the post office on time.

I hope this going to be ok, I think I remember them saying in the past that if you get the form in in time legally they have to keep your claim open even if they don't have all the info they need.

If this is ok,do you think I need to tell them verbally what I'm doing as well?

Many thanks

AC

More
9 years 1 month ago #139154 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review
Angelcake

We have only had limited experience of a claimant sending there form in late, on the few occasions it has happened the DWP have closed the claim, of course it may happen far more frequently and because they get away with it, they do not report it on a forum.

My advice would be to send it in on time, remember it has to be with the DWP by the required date, not just posted and then send the remaining information in as soon as you can.

Make sure that you keep a note of the address that you are sending it to as you will need this. I would also send a copy directly to the Assessment Provider (AP) as soon as you have an address, just to make sure they get it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.