× Members

ESA Reassessment date

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139363 by alzon
Replied by alzon on topic ESA Reassessment date

citymike wrote: I am the other member Bro 58 was talking about not having a reassessment date.
As of yet I have still not heard anything. My review date was October 2013.
All you can do is wait.
CM

cool thanks for letting us know, I am in the same boat. I was starting to panic that it meant I had been handed over the maximus and would be hearing very soon.

so last night was a sleepless one while I waited to call maximus today and was told they had not been sent over anything regarding my case.

so ill just forget about it, well until the post hits the door mat every day :(
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by slugsta. Reason: formatting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #139365 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Reassessment date
Hi a,

Members have two choices, they can either try and switch off about it and wait for the ESA50 to drop through the letterbox, then fill it in and return it by the deadline date given, or do as suggested in : This Post.

bro58

More
8 years 8 months ago #139366 by alzon
Replied by alzon on topic ESA Reassessment date
I hate calling with a passion, my stomach turns over, but as bro58 says, it wont trigger anything.

I know its hard to believe that as some of us do worry greatly, but these guys really know their stuff and probably get fed up of telling us all the same things :D

but yep, give them a call, it wont last long and you might get some info to allow you to relax and forget about it for a while. cant do any harm, I have called them at least once a year and its never triggered anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, slugsta

More
8 years 8 months ago #139377 by melady
Replied by melady on topic ESA Reassessment date
Hi everyone,

I started this topic just to let everyone know that some/all? reassessments are still being defered.

It really is so simple to just ring up and ask, as bro58 has stated.
I know it might be a little intimidating making that call but surely it is better than sitting worrying everyday if the new ESA50 is going to pop through the letterbox.

I suffer with ME/CFS and personally the less stress the better.

You are no worse off if they tell you that the date hasn't changed as you were expecting the new ESA50 anyway and if they tell you it is defered then a great weight has been lifted off your shoulders. I should know!!

Take care
Melady
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, slugsta, Mags

More
8 years 8 months ago #139499 by robm
Replied by robm on topic ESA Reassessment date
just to let you know bro l phoned the dwp this morning and indeed have been deferred till August 2017 was due to be reassessed the 20th of this month so good news on that front there must still be some backlog on the ESA front also many thanks to others on this forum for the sage advice

More
8 years 8 months ago #139506 by joen
Replied by joen on topic ESA Reassessment date
Hello my re-assessment was due end of July 2015, I rang DWP to be told that the re-assessment date is now May 2017.
The gentleman said that my file must have been looked at again hence the new date.
He would not admit to me that there was a backlog,Of course the story he told me about it been looked at again I take with a pinch of salt because I did not fill a new ESA50.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.