× Members

won appeal many over turned by dwp

• sandra
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #141060 by sandra
Replied by sandra on topic won appeal many over turned by dwp
hi there sorry about my emails .The keyboard was not going off cap lock Thanks for your help and advice great site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #141063 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic won appeal many over turned by dwp

sandra wrote: hi there sorry about my emails .The keyboard was not going off cap lock Thanks for your help and advice great site.

Hi s,

No problem !

We got there in the end ! :)

bro58

• sandra
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #141084 by sandra
Replied by sandra on topic won appeal many over turned by dwp
I think I have made another thread by accident, feel free to delete it sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi there. I phoned the call center today to be told that esa haven't been notified that my son won his appeal. I had a call back from the manager on the 8th september as one of the call center staff was really rude. He said he was dealing with that member of staff and was going to talk to dwp about getting the claim done ASAP.
I now need to go to job center at Purley to take in the letter from the Tribunal as they are telling me that they have not received the letter stating that had won the appeal.
In may they said they didn't even know that we was appealing against their decision but within 10 minutes after the telephone call I received a text to say they had forwarded the papers to appropriate department to appeal.
I was told by an MP that he would get basic rate until the appeal was heard but when i phoned DWP we was told because he didn't make it to the medical he wouldn't get anything.
Then I took a fit note into Purley Job Center to which they had told me that the case is closed, Which it wasn't as I was still waiting to go to the Tribunal to which they was confused as to why it said on their screen it was a closed case and they sent the fit note over.
Everything that we have sent to them has been lost and there has been no communication on their behalf and when we had previously called we was just told to wait as it can take them as long as they like.
A few weeks after the appeal I had called them to be told they haven't received the decision and offered to take the appeal letter to the job center to be faxed over and they said that isn't how it works, but today the call center told me to take it to the job center considering it has been a month since the appeal was finished and they have nothing on their system about anything that has happened.
The dates for the above mentioned are as followed
Date of Decision 02 May 2015
Date of Decision notified 02 May 2015
Date of Reconsideration 12 May 2015
Date of appeal received 28 May 2015 (by Adrian Bell of Stratford Benefit Centre)
First Appeal date 06 August 2015 (Case given to a judge that cannot deal with case)
Second Appeal date 25 August 2015 (Appeal granted by Judge VA King at Copthall House Sutton 12:15)
Appeal letter received by me 27 August 2015, DWP has no recollection of this.

Thank you, Sandra.

More
8 years 9 months ago #141093 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic won appeal many over turned by dwp
Sandra

Tribunal results are first of all processed by a back office department, they first look at the Decision to decide whether they intend to appeal, this can take up to four weeks, then it is passed to payments who may need to get special permission to release any back payments if the amount is large, it is then passed to the operational departments for the claim to be updated as live again.

Bottom line is that it is probably too early for the ESA department to know what is going on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sandra

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.