× Members

ADVICE ON PIP 1 AND 2 AND MED EVIDENCE PAST DLA

More
8 years 6 months ago #142446 by Noodles
I too was wondering about allowing the DWP to use old medical evidence for my husbands potentially imminent PIP transition from DLA. Having read this thread I am now 100% convinced that we will write out any claim now as a NEW claim and not tick the box simply because our original claim for DLA was way back in 1994 and hubby's health is such now there would be little for the DWP to familiarise his present condition given deterioration and his new onset of Alzheimer's which was diagnosed just 2 years ago. We did consider a 'change of circumstances' for DLA a year ago,but having taken everything into account I am going to paint ( or at least try) to paint a brand new and up to date picture and explain in detail about how my hubby's mental illness now effects his mobility and the care he needs now. We shall do this and send it together with up to date medical documentation along with reference to his existing DLA award and more importantly also send a copy of the last ESA 85 A medical report as and when he does eventually get invited for the PIP changeover whenever that is.

One can only hope those who make these decisions read what I have to say on hubby's behalf read what I send them in detail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.