× Members

Plan and follow the route of a journey

• David
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #151751 by David
Replied by David on topic Plan and follow the route of a journey
I am pleased to report that the appeal was successful and my son was awarder 18 points for Mobility Activities.. The Tribunal accepted that he could not PLAN a journey and gave him 10 points plus they increased his 4 point score for moving around to 8 points. The DWP letter confirming the award arrived today.

I am sure we would not have been so successful without the PIP guides and all the helpful comments on the planning a journey problem. Many thanks.

David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151753 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Plan and follow the route of a journey

David wrote: I am pleased to report that the appeal was successful and my son was awarder 18 points for Mobility Activities.. The Tribunal accepted that he could not PLAN a journey and gave him 10 points plus they increased his 4 point score for moving around to 8 points. The DWP letter confirming the award arrived today.

I am sure we would not have been so successful without the PIP guides and all the helpful comments on the planning a journey problem. Many thanks.

David.

Congratulations on winning the appeal.

Tribunal result typically take the DWP 5-8 weeks to process, it would be worth your ringing then next week to make sure that the have the Decision Letter, despite the fact that it is actually emailed to the DWP by the TS, they regularly go missing.

For your reference the 10 point Descriptors for the Going Out Activity are either

d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.

or

e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points.

The planning Descriptor only scores 8 points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151757 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Plan and follow the route of a journey
That's great news David! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• David
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #152173 by David
Replied by David on topic Plan and follow the route of a journey
It was exactly 4 weeks after the tribunal date that we had a "courtesy phone call" from the DWP(their words) confirming they were working out the back pay. The DWP letter confirming payments arrived three days later.
It was a worrying period after the Tribunal when we realised the DWP could appeal but I did find a helpful explanation (on another website) that if the DWP do want to appeal they have one month from the summary decision of the First-tier Tribunal being posted for them to apply for the Statement of Reasons and Record of Proceedings of the tribunal hearing and if they apply for the Statement of Reasons, you will get a letter saying that DWP are unable to award you benefit at this time as they have applied for the Statement of Reasons because they are considering appealing.
When we hadn't heard anything after two weeks my son found this information reassuring. You may well have something about this on your website but I couldn't find it.
Regards,
David.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.