× Members

PIP home visit today,by ATOS FOR PIP

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143986 by sunflower38
PIP home visit today,by ATOS FOR PIP was created by sunflower38
Hi there, i have a home vist today from PIP, ATOS for my area,

i am currently in ESA support group which had a time limit of september 2015, if i fail this medical will they remove me from ESA all together, what will happen? wont they use this assessment along side ESA im worried that i get removed and that i would have to go on JSA . do you get notice of this ? mentally i know im not able to work , and physically at present i cant go to work so where does it leave me?

How long is it before i get an answer from them as they will stop DLA wont they right just before Xmas ?

i did claim DLA before hand LOW RATE on both care and mobility and now its my turn to change over to PIP

I've just had a knee replacement 7 weeks ago , even though this will improve my quality of life i don't know how they can judge me on this at this present time as its only been 7 weeks post operative? i have aids that i relie on around my home will they deduct points from me ?

well my husband has information on my knee and mental health but my last mental health assessment was in 2013, which came from having CBT treatment who strongly advise that i am not fit sate to be put in a WRAG , he is going to produce this also an appeal which MACS did for me back in 2014 ?
i am so anxious about all this along with the pain from my knee and the stress this is causing me god knows what going to happen today , i wished i wrote this in the week so to get help before they came ?
I have been reading up through the night because i cant sleep
my appointment at 10.30 am this morning , i will let you know how it went , fingers crossed .
it maybe to late for advice now my own stupid fault !!!!

Thank you in advance for your help in advance
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143998 by

sunflower38 wrote: Hi there, i have a home vist today from PIP, ATOS for my area,

i am currently in ESA support group which had a time limit of september 2015, if i fail this medical will they remove me from ESA all together, what will happen? wont they use this assessment along side ESA im worried that i get removed and that i would have to go on JSA . do you get notice of this ? mentally i know im not able to work , and physically at present i cant go to work so where does it leave me?

How long is it before i get an answer from them as they will stop DLA wont they right just before Xmas ?

i did claim DLA before hand LOW RATE on both care and mobility and now its my turn to change over to PIP

I've just had a knee replacement 7 weeks ago , even though this will improve my quality of life i don't know how they can judge me on this at this present time as its only been 7 weeks post operative? i have aids that i relie on around my home will they deduct points from me ?

well my husband has information on my knee and mental health but my last mental health assessment was in 2013, which came from having CBT treatment who strongly advise that i am not fit sate to be put in a WRAG , he is going to produce this also an appeal which MACS did for me back in 2014 ?
i am so anxious about all this along with the pain from my knee and the stress this is causing me god knows what going to happen today , i wished i wrote this in the week so to get help before they came ?
I have been reading up through the night because i cant sleep
my appointment at 10.30 am this morning , i will let you know how it went , fingers crossed .
it maybe to late for advice now my own stupid fault !!!!

Thank you in advance for your help in advance

Hi sf38,

It's now 11AM so I gather that you have had your PIP Home Assessment !

I hope it went well ! :)

ESA is not time limited, and cannot just stop without you going through a full reassessment.

See : This Post

Your PIP result should not affect your ESA entitlement, they are two totally separate benefits.

Currently, on average it seems that it is taking 2-3 weeks for a PIP decision to be made after a face to face assessment.

Your current DLA payments will continue until 4 weeks after the date of your PIP decision, no matter what that PIP decision may be.

Good luck, and please keep us updated.

bro58

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144035 by sunflower38
Replied by sunflower38 on topic PIP home visit today,by ATOS FOR PIP
hi there , thank you for the info on dla and PIP,

Well to me today it seems as it was a matter of just seeing me to tick of there list, the lady was very nice, she knew my background very well , unlike before it was not what i call an in depth assessment, like the previous ones that ive had , she did not check around my house for the aids that i use, she just ran through my meds etc my husband was with me all the way through this assessment , helping me some of the answers as struggling.

rather strange unless its just me. she was here for an hour , also clock watching, as she said she had others to see, so all in all within 2-3 weeks or 8 weeks (she said) it maybe a no, unless they give it to you on a temporary basis for 3-6 months ?????

i could not tell her really how far i can walk , without stopping as i do not carry a tape measure with me ? ive got my crutches though lol

also she did say people with mental health problems find it very difficult to get pip even though they have had dla for along time .
i had the impression that i will not be in receipt of this benefit and that my dla will be stopping .

when i receive the decision i let you know

good luck everyone , and thank you for your response

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144039 by

sunflower38 wrote: hi there , thank you for the info on dla and PIP,

Well to me today it seems as it was a matter of just seeing me to tick of there list, the lady was very nice, she knew my background very well , unlike before it was not what i call an in depth assessment, like the previous ones that ive had , she did not check around my house for the aids that i use, she just ran through my meds etc my husband was with me all the way through this assessment , helping me some of the answers as struggling.

rather strange unless its just me. she was here for an hour , also clock watching, as she said she had others to see, so all in all within 2-3 weeks or 8 weeks (she said) it maybe a no, unless they give it to you on a temporary basis for 3-6 months ?????

i could not tell her really how far i can walk , without stopping as i do not carry a tape measure with me ? ive got my crutches though lol

also she did say people with mental health problems find it very difficult to get pip even though they have had dla for along time .
i had the impression that i will not be in receipt of this benefit and that my dla will be stopping .

when i receive the decision i let you know

good luck everyone , and thank you for your response

Hi sf38,

40 minutes to an hour does seem to be the average for a PIP face to face.

Glad to hear that it wasn't too testing for you ! :)

It is very difficult to gauge what decision will ensue from the comments and reactions of a PIP Assessor.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

You could give it a week or so then ring the PIP Helpline for an update, and whilst on the phone, you could try requesting a copy of the PA 4 Medical Report that the PIP Assessor will have compiled as a result of the face to face.

Some members have managed to obtain a copy of The PA4 before they have actually received a decision from the DWP, others have had to wait until after a decision has been received.

bro58

More
8 years 5 months ago #145019 by sunflower38
Hi bro58,

i received a phone call today from the DWP, at 4.51pm , i was actually in the drs at the time? I actually requested a PA4 last week which i haven't received yet, so i was wondering if this phone call is regarding my PIP claim, if so what /why for what reason would they be calling for, to ask what about my claim. is this normal
/

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145020 by sunflower38
as im in the process of waiting for an outcome from my home PIP assessment nearly 2 weeks ago i received a call from this number 08000232635 at 4.51pm

as it happens i was seeing my dr so i muted the phone, after checking my phone when coming out i realized i missed this call. after looking this number up it also mentions ESA number , im currently in ESA support group, do you think ive failed the medical and now they are looking at changing my esa, ive currently just had a knee replacement , im waiting for a copy of medical report which i requested over a week ago ? Do you think they will try and call tomorrow or do you think they have made there decision and thats it now i will have to wait for the post

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.