× Members

Pip Assesment experience

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144249 by Nelone1
Pip Assesment experience was created by Nelone1
I had my PIP Assesment and can confirm the are obviously out to play down the severity of each disability. They asks questions in a leading manner, you must ignore them and stick to your version.

I was angry at the way my mobility was assessed, was asked if I could give directions to my doctors to a stranger. Isn't it obvious that the doctors is a frequently visited place for people with health problems.

The next was how many minutes can you walk for. I have DDD and prolonged walking over any distance causes pain. To the point I am bed bound if I over do it, something I am having to learn to deal with. I tried to explain this but she was not interested and just said how many minutes can you walk for. I just answered 1 at this point and have been regretting it since.

The physical is a joke these people are obviously not medically trained, twice she asked me to lift my leg whilst sitting, despite evidence of a trapped nerve by MRI. Then three times asked me to touch my toes, demonstrating and saying "look like this" again ignoring the MRI stating I have no discs in my lower spine. Asking once for each of these would have been sufficient, who the hell are these people making what is medical decisions ?

My advice is don't even smile at these people as they will take it as weakness. Say little and don't trust them. I have an ESA assessment next week and know how to plan it in my mind now, good luck to anyone going to face this corporation of evil.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anibas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144278 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip Assesment experience
Thank you for telling us how your face2face assessment (we never call it a 'medical' because we know it is nothing of the sort!) was carried out. I hope that you do not have to wait long for a favourable decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144280 by Anibas
Replied by Anibas on topic Pip Assesment experience
I wish I had read this before hubs assessment. You are absolutely right in everything you say, these people are out to get your benefits taken off you and money is their motive. I hope your result is a good one, ours wasn't. Hubby went from Higher rate DLA to 0 points in one fell swoop. The report is like a work of fiction. It's devastating! We've taken it to MR and will go to appeal if necessary, it's so cruel

More
8 years 5 months ago #144326 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Pip Assesment experience
Asked if you could give directions to your doctor when asked by a stranger?

Firstly, how far away from your doctors are you when asked.. a mile? 5 miles, 10 miles, etc. Is this by car, bus, walking? Does not make sense at all.

Asked how many minutes can your walk..?

Where in the PIP form does it state a time, rather than a distance????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nelone1

More
8 years 5 months ago #144340 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip Assesment experience
Like the ESA face2face, the PIP assessment aims to gain information in roundabout ways. We have had several reports of being asked for how many minutes the claimant can walk. That does not gain any information about time taken, manner of walking, pain or fatigue.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144341 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Assesment experience

mommaduck wrote: Asked if you could give directions to your doctor when asked by a stranger?

Firstly, how far away from your doctors are you when asked.. a mile? 5 miles, 10 miles, etc. Is this by car, bus, walking? Does not make sense at all.

Asked how many minutes can your walk..?

Where in the PIP form does it state a time, rather than a distance????

Given a duration of walking and an understanding of slow, average and fast walking times it is very simple to estimate the distance that would be walked.

I would estimate that someone walking slowly would be expected to cover more than 20m in a minute and 50m in two minutes. Normal or average speeds are 90m a minute.

Even

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.