× Members

Pip Assesment experience

More
8 years 5 months ago #144353 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Assesment experience

Nelone1 wrote: Ok so based on my minute answer I can only manage 20m, which is about right before some pain is felt.

They are not interested in any affects of said walking, just can you do it ? Tried to explain this but it falls on deaf ears

All activities must be done reliably and for the majority of days not to score points, so the effects of your walking or the pain that you experience should be taken into account, but this does not mean that you have to be pain free when you perform an activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nelone1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144373 by Jane
Replied by Jane on topic Pip Assesment experience
I was really really worried about this. I fretted they would just write down a whole bunch of lies. So when the assessor came to my house, one of the first things i said to him was

" please will you read everything youve put in the laptop back to me at the end? because my memory's so bad i always forget to mention important things"

He said "of course i will"

& nothing was written down that i hadnt said or agreed on.
Good luck everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, Nelone1

More
8 years 5 months ago #144388 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Pip Assesment experience
Gordon, in response to your estimated walking speeds.

How does this tell the examiner how far your can actually walk?

You said 20 mtrs in a minute..50 mtrs in two minutes. The average walking speed is 90 mtrs in one minute.

My walking speed is 5 mtrs in 38 seconds holding onto something or someone and forcing myself to do it before I could go no further. This is in my home on the flat.

If I said that I could walk 30 seconds, would they then not assume that I could walk 45 mtrs?

More
8 years 5 months ago #144395 by Nelone1
Replied by Nelone1 on topic Pip Assesment experience
It really is such an awful system that doesn't care if doing something causes pain, just as long as you can do it ?

Im disgusted but now understand the leading questions.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144397 by Nelone1
Replied by Nelone1 on topic Pip Assesment experience
Good for you I will be certainly asking this in my esa assessment, there are literally thousands of these Assessors all can't be as bad as my experience

More
8 years 5 months ago #144402 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Assesment experience

mommaduck wrote: Gordon, in response to your estimated walking speeds.

How does this tell the examiner how far your can actually walk?

You said 20 mtrs in a minute..50 mtrs in two minutes. The average walking speed is 90 mtrs in one minute.

My walking speed is 5 mtrs in 38 seconds holding onto something or someone and forcing myself to do it before I could go no further. This is in my home on the flat.

If I said that I could walk 30 seconds, would they then not assume that I could walk 45 mtrs?

It is quite easy to work out the distance that someone can walk if you know the distance that they can walk and can approximate their speed of walking.

distance = speed x time

Walking speeds used by the DWP:

90 metres a minute Normal
60 metres a minute Slow
30 metres a minute Very slow

Obviously this is a simplistic argument which takes no account of whether the claimant can reliably walk such a distance on the majority of days, but they ask the question because people tend to have a better understanding of how long they can walk, than how far they walk, unless they have actually measured both.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.