× Members

Help with supporting letter and back pay query

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144252 by Leon64
Hi,
My mum as my full time carer is writing a letter to send with my PIP application, I can't find any templates etc for such a letter, is there any advice out there for her?

Also I'm wondering if PIP is ever backdated when coming over from DLA, as I am expecting/hoping to be moved up to enhanced rate in both categories instead of middle/lower as I am now, due to worsening illness.

Many thanks
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144282 by slugsta
Hi Leon and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

There is no specific template letter, everyone is so different. Your mum's letter should say what care/mobility needs you have, if she can relate these to the PIP descriptors it will be more helpful.

Your current rate of DLA will continue to be paid until 4 weeks after the PIP decision, no matter what that decision is.

If you have further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now, or if you click on your username when logged in to the forum :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144417 by Leon64
Thanks, I posted my form off yesterday, how long is average before I hear anything?
Would pip backdate to the period when my illness worsened?

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144424 by bro58

Leon64 wrote: Thanks, I posted my form off yesterday, how long is average before I hear anything?
Would pip backdate to the period when my illness worsened?

Hi L64,

At present, members are reporting that they are receiving appointments for a face to face(where one is deemed necessary) around a fortnight after returning their PIP 2 Form.

As MHB has already indicated in her response, there is no backdating of PIP in DLA to PIP transfers, your current rate of DLA will continue until 4 weeks after the date of the PIP decision, whatever that decision may be.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144454 by Leon64
Thanks, another query, I know they are likely to send my GP a questionnaire, what do these consist of, and is there anything I should be aware of regarding them? Have left a copy of form with GP but not sure he will read it!

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #144467 by bro58

Leon64 wrote: Thanks, another query, I know they are likely to send my GP a questionnaire, what do these consist of, and is there anything I should be aware of regarding them? Have left a copy of form with GP but not sure he will read it!

Hi L64,

I would not assume that they will contact your G.P., as they only do so in a minority of cases.

This is why we tell members to obtain their own evidence and forward it on to The PIP Assessment Provider.

You can download a sample copy of the G.P. PIP Questionnaire by registering on the Pulse website, which is quick and simple. You do not need to be an HCP of any sort, to do so :

www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-practice/pract...article#.UWxKvMq_Npg

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.