× Members

dla to esa transfer

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #144847 by brad72
dla to esa transfer was created by brad72
Hia all, please bare with me as not sure how to go about this as not to good at this sort of thing, I am waiting to be transferd from both sda and dla waiting for the brown envelopes to arrive :( . My question is if they have done away with the work related activity group will I still be able to apply for the wrag or is it onl support group, plus is it worth trying for the support group anway as suffer from depression as well as uncontrolled epilepsy sorry to go on a bit only been waiting a long time for the transfer to begin so got a feeling it wont be long now as been told the backlogs are over and everything back to normal now. Manythanks brad :(
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #144856 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic dla to esa transfer
Hi Brad,

I'm sure it was just a typo, but your topic title is 'DLA to ESA transer' - people on DLA will be 'invited' to apply for PIP, people on SDA will move to ESA.

The claimant does not decide which group of ESA to apply for, DWP will decide that when assessing the claim. We don't know how things are going to work when the WRAG money changes. Being entitled to ESA depends on scoring at least 15 points from all the descriptors, being allocated to the Support Group depends on meeting at least one of the specific Support Group descriptors.

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

It might be worth making a start on the PDF ESA form so that you are ahead of the game.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

There are no PDF forms for PIP, the claimant must return the specific form that was sent to them, However, you could still start looking at the questions and answering them as a word document if you want to.

PIP help for claimants

It could be months, or even years, before you hear about PIP. Please don't try to do everything at once if you don't need to!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #144870 by brad72
Replied by brad72 on topic dla to esa transfer
Sorry just realised I worded it wrong, thanks for your reply yeah sda to esa transfer was what I meant to say. Only I was under the impression while I was waiting for a desicion on esa my sda would stay the same or would I not be in the main phase confused. Many thanks

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #144879 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic dla to esa transfer
While you are awaiting your PIP or ESA decision tou will continue to receive the old benefit.

Once you have a decision it will tell you what the result is and how it affects your bebefit from there.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.