× Members

We are reviewing your benefit claim

More
8 years 4 months ago #145232 by whitehorse
We are reviewing your benefit claim was created by whitehorse
Hi.
My husband has had MS for years and has been getting ESA and PIP for years. We have just received a letter from DWP saying he has to go to the local job centre to review his benefit claim. HELP!!!!! I dont know if it makes any difference but we live in Scotland.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #145236 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic We are reviewing your benefit claim
Hi

This is a normal part of the DWP process. You can ring and explain his circumstances and difficulties in complying with this, particularly if he is on higher rate PIP and in the support group.
The support group are not supposed to be doing anything to look for work anyway.
You may find the request withdrawn.
If not you could ask for a home review as it is too difficult for him to get to the jobcentre.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145237 by Mabel2015
Replied by Mabel2015 on topic We are reviewing your benefit claim
Try not to worry. I've had one too. They are usually sent out randomly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitehorse

More
8 years 4 months ago #145246 by fastmoggy
Replied by fastmoggy on topic We are reviewing your benefit claim
What ever you do. Make sure your 'assessed' at home!
Attending an appointment at their offices will hinder your claim!, that being if your able to attended then you have no mobility issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitehorse

More
8 years 4 months ago #145327 by whitehorse
Replied by whitehorse on topic We are reviewing your benefit claim
Hi again.
Thank you for replying. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you but I didn't realise I had to click on profile to access my thread. In fact I reposted it as I thought it hadn't gone through. Think I might have annoyed the moderator. I'm not very good at this! Anyway, to get back to letter, which we have never had before even though my husband has been receiving incapacity benefit (and now ESA support group) and DLA for years, it asks us to bring to the meeting,Itbank statements of current and savings accounts and any ISA'S etc. that we might have. Why? My husband doesn't receive any means tested benefits. I've tried to phone the number on letter 4 times today. It just goes onto an answering machine and you're told to leave a message. I haven't. I have a thing about answering machines and even phones in general! It also says if my husband doesn't attend meeting his benefits will be stopped. This whole thing is is not good for him healthwise. We are very worried as neither of us trust DWP.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145328 by whitehorse
Replied by whitehorse on topic We are reviewing your benefit claim
Hi.
Thank you for replying. I just got back to you but it's to go to moderator again?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.