× Members

We are reviewing your benefit claim

More
8 years 4 months ago #145331 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic We are reviewing your benefit claim
I've just had one too. They call it a 'compliance interview' I believe. I also live in Scotland, so perhaps it is all random.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitehorse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145339 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic We are reviewing your benefit claim

whitehorse wrote: Hi again.
Thank you for replying. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you but I didn't realise I had to click on profile to access my thread. In fact I reposted it as I thought it hadn't gone through. Think I might have annoyed the moderator. I'm not very good at this! Anyway, to get back to letter, which we have never had before even though my husband has been receiving incapacity benefit (and now ESA support group) and DLA for years, it asks us to bring to the meeting,Itbank statements of current and savings accounts and any ISA'S etc. that we might have. Why? My husband doesn't receive any means tested benefits. I've tried to phone the number on letter 4 times today. It just goes onto an answering machine and you're told to leave a message. I haven't. I have a thing about answering machines and even phones in general! It also says if my husband doesn't attend meeting his benefits will be stopped. This whole thing is is not good for him healthwise. We are very worried as neither of us trust DWP.

Have a look at the following

Interviews at JC+ when in Support Group

As already advised it may be possible to have his switched to a meeting in your home, you need to emphasise his limitations, however, this will depend on your phoning them about the appointment, I'm afraid there is no email facility and a letter may not reach the right person in time to have any effect.

The DWP can suspend payment if the claimant does not provide information as requested.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #145341 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic We are reviewing your benefit claim

Alison wrote: I've just had one too. They call it a 'compliance interview' I believe. I also live in Scotland, so perhaps it is all random.

All posts are pre-moderated and may not appear in the forum for some time, we only provide a service between 2pm - 3.30pm and 8pm - 9.30pm, Monday to Friday.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #145350 by whitehorse
Replied by whitehorse on topic We are reviewing your benefit claim
Hi again.
Does anyone know what kind of questions are asked at these meetings?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.