× Members

Esa assessment phase and Edp

More
8 years 5 months ago #145414 by dyanb
Esa assessment phase and Edp was created by dyanb
Thank you so much. I have today heard (after completing the form you mentioned) that I have been awarded SDP and have backdated from start of my claim 31st october. This means I now get the basic allowance for single over 25 assess phase and SDP. My question is.... Should EDP £15.75 "Disability Guarantee" also be in payment? or just what I am getting now. I am on full PIP and have transferred over from income support (was getting more than I am getting now).
Thanks again
Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145450 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment phase and Edp

dyanburrell wrote: Thank you so much. I have today heard (after completing the form you mentioned) that I have been awarded SDP and have backdated from start of my claim 31st october. This means I now get the basic allowance for single over 25 assess phase and SDP. My question is.... Should EDP £15.75 "Disability Guarantee" also be in payment? or just what I am getting now. I am on full PIP and have transferred over from income support (was getting more than I am getting now).
Thanks again
Diane

If you are receiving Enhanced Daily Living then yes! you should also qualify for the Enhanced Disability Premium aka the Disability Income Guarantee.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #145530 by dyanb
Replied by dyanb on topic Esa assessment phase and Edp
Hi Gordon,

I did call (twice) to ask but was told I'm getting the SDP and I can't be on both. Its either SDP OR EDP. What should I do?

I wouldnt be getting SDP if I hadn't joined here and been advised of what form to fill in (IS10)

Thanks
Diane

More
8 years 5 months ago #145560 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment phase and Edp

dyanburrell wrote: Hi Gordon,

I did call (twice) to ask but was told I'm getting the SDP and I can't be on both. Its either SDP OR EDP. What should I do?

I wouldnt be getting SDP if I hadn't joined here and been advised of what form to fill in (IS10)

Thanks
Diane

They are talking rubbish, SDP and EDP are not mutually exclusive and are paid for different reasons. If it happens again, ask to speak to a manager, this will require a call back.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #146151 by dyanb
Replied by dyanb on topic Esa assessment phase and Edp
Hi Gordon,
On your advice I wrote to them (find it difficult to talk on the phone). Today I received a letter saying they have looked at my claim again and have awarded me the extra EDP and placed me in support group but not untill the 30th Jan 2016. They don't mention anything about Paying the EDP which I should have had backdated to 31st Oct 2015 like they did with my SDP. I'm not quite sure what to do now as my letter to them was clear and I provided information from this site that clearly shows I should have been getting EDP. What do you suggest I do now.

Thank you for your help so far. I wouldn't have got the SDP added and back dated without your help. I even explained I had transitioned from income support and was on more benefit but they have not mentioned this at all.

Thanks

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146153 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Esa assessment phase and Edp
Hi
I suggest you write back asking for clarification of their decision or submit an appeal against the decision.
You should also copy in your MP. They may be able to exert some pressure for clear incompetence of the DWP.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.