× Members

Esa assessment phase and Edp

More
8 years 4 months ago #146157 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment phase and Edp

dyanburrell wrote: Hi Gordon,
On your advice I wrote to them (find it difficult to talk on the phone). Today I received a letter saying they have looked at my claim again and have awarded me the extra EDP and placed me in support group but not untill the 30th Jan 2016. They don't mention anything about Paying the EDP which I should have had backdated to 31st Oct 2015 like they did with my SDP. I'm not quite sure what to do now as my letter to them was clear and I provided information from this site that clearly shows I should have been getting EDP. What do you suggest I do now.

Thank you for your help so far. I wouldn't have got the SDP added and back dated without your help. I even explained I had transitioned from income support and was on more benefit but they have not mentioned this at all.

Thanks

The Enhanced Disability Premium is paid because either;

- you are receiving the Enhanced rate of PIP Daily Living, or

- you are in the ESA Support Group

If they have accepted that SDP is payable due to your PIP then they should accept that the EDP is also payable due to your PIP and for the same dates.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146699 by dyanb
Replied by dyanb on topic Esa assessment phase and Edp
Many thanks Gordon,

After not hearing anything for a while after writing my letter, I plucked up the courage to call. I was told that they are awarding me the EDP from my claim start date along with the SDP. Thank you so much for your help and the documents on this site which helped me. I am glad I joined as I would still only be on the basic assessment rate if not for this site and was on the verge of committing suicide due to this and my circumstances.

Thank you so very much.

xxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 years 4 months ago #146710 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment phase and Edp

dyanburrell wrote: Many thanks Gordon,

After not hearing anything for a while after writing my letter, I plucked up the courage to call. I was told that they are awarding me the EDP from my claim start date along with the SDP. Thank you so much for your help and the documents on this site which helped me. I am glad I joined as I would still only be on the basic assessment rate if not for this site and was on the verge of committing suicide due to this and my circumstances.

Thank you so very much.

xxx

Glad to hear you got it sorted, well done,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.