× Members

ESA award extended without assessment

More
8 years 6 months ago #145927 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic ESA award extended without assessment
My reassessment was deferred for two years in 2014. I am due my state pension in Mar 2018 which was changed twice meaning that I will be 64½ by the time I get it instead of 60. I am furious at being scammed, and the thought of being found "fit for work" at 62 is not an attractive prospect, nor is having to jump through hoops to get benefits at my age.

One can only hope that they leave those who are approaching state pension age alone. It would be the decent thing to do after swindling thousands out of their pensions. But this government are anything but decent. Just to know where we stand would be a great help, but it seems they like people to suffer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #147686 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic ESA award extended without assessment

summertrain wrote: My reassessment was deferred for two years in 2014. I am due my state pension in Mar 2018 which was changed twice meaning that I will be 64½ by the time I get it instead of 60. I am furious at being scammed, and the thought of being found "fit for work" at 62 is not an attractive prospect, nor is having to jump through hoops to get benefits at my age.

One can only hope that they leave those who are approaching state pension age alone. It would be the decent thing to do after swindling thousands out of their pensions. But this government are anything but decent. Just to know where we stand would be a great help, but it seems they like people to suffer.

indeed. it's a power thing if you ask me, they like the control it gives them leaving people hanging & afraid. Controllers, bullies, especially domestic abusers, do it all the time, - they like their victims to be constantly wondering 'will they hit me wont they hit me', it gives them a feeling of power & control.

Hope you make it through to retirement relatively unscathed by it all summertrain
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.