× Members

ESA award extended without assessment

More
8 years 6 months ago #145694 by Alison
My ESA50 was due to be "generated" on November 7 2015. Tired of anxiously awaiting the post, I rang the DWP. I have been informed that my support group award has been extended until January 2018. Delighted but suspicious, I have asked for this to be put in writing. The DWP staff member thought it was due to the backlog of cases. Has this happened to anyone else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #145701 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA award extended without assessment

PT84Wilkinson wrote: My ESA50 was due to be "generated" on November 7 2015. Tired of anxiously awaiting the post, I rang the DWP. I have been informed that my support group award has been extended until January 2018. Delighted but suspicious, I have asked for this to be put in writing. The DWP staff member thought it was due to the backlog of cases. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi PT84,

Yes, ESA reassessments have been getting deferred due to the backlog for some time now.

Lots of current ESA recipients, including our members have had their reassessments deferred.

See : This Post and the link to the associated topic therein.

bro58

More
8 years 6 months ago #145837 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic ESA award extended without assessment
Thank you for your reply. I now have the confirmation in writing! Has the DWP bothered being proactive and actually informing claimants?

More
8 years 6 months ago #145845 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA award extended without assessment

PT84Wilkinson wrote: Thank you for your reply. I now have the confirmation in writing! Has the DWP bothered being proactive and actually informing claimants?

It looks as if you have been lucky the DWP have just announced that they have re-started assessments for all existing claimants. You do need to be aware that the they can re-assess a claimant at any time after three months elapsed from the previous Decision, so the letter may be of little value. Sorry!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #145863 by tintack
Replied by tintack on topic ESA award extended without assessment
The DWP may have said that they will start to call some people in for reassessments from the beginning of December, yet Maximus have just said they're having a lot of trouble recruiting enough assessors. How do these two stories square with each other? It sounds like a recipe for another meltdown in the system, unless the rate of reassessments for existing claimants is very gradual.

More
8 years 6 months ago #145865 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic ESA award extended without assessment
:woohoo: :sick:

Thanks for that info Gordon…………I’ve been tossing a coin as to whether or not to commence preparation.

I had quietly been hoping like many others no doubt, that they might just still be deferring, looks like it’s time to go from neutral to overdrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pit of my stomach’s just hit the deck.

P.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.