× Members

WRAG and Work Programme Help

More
8 years 5 months ago #146160 by DI
WRAG and Work Programme Help was created by DI
Hi
I'm new to this group and need advice.
I am receiving Esa after a long fight to win my appeal through tribunal.
I won it on manual dexterity due to inflammatory osteoarthritis in both hands.
I also have osteoarthritis in both knees and elbows.
I have been to my first Wfi with advisor on Monday he appeared nice enough but didn't really listen to me regarding my health conditions he just talked over me and kept telling me about other people who have the same condition. I was then told I would have a telephone interview today which I have had.my next appointment is next Tuesday. Do you know how many times I have to attend? And can I ask for telephone appointments. I can only travel by train but have to pay for a taxi from the station due to my knee pain and other health problems. Can you help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146166 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG and Work Programme Help

DI wrote: Hi
I'm new to this group and need advice.
I am receiving Esa after a long fight to win my appeal through tribunal.
I won it on manual dexterity due to inflammatory osteoarthritis in both hands.
I also have osteoarthritis in both knees and elbows.
I have been to my first Wfi with advisor on Monday he appeared nice enough but didn't really listen to me regarding my health conditions he just talked over me and kept telling me about other people who have the same condition. I was then told I would have a telephone interview today which I have had.my next appointment is next Tuesday. Do you know how many times I have to attend? And can I ask for telephone appointments. I can only travel by train but have to pay for a taxi from the station due to my knee pain and other health problems. Can you help.

If you are in the WRAG then are no defined limits for the amount of Work Related Activity that you can be asked to do, however, your advisor must take into account your stated limitations when assigning WRA, if you believe that they are failing to do this then you should speak to them about this.

A reasonable adjustment would be for your WFIs to be held over the phone, but if you are asked to attend then you should raise the issue of the taxi as they may be able to cover the costs.

You need to be aware that the advisor can mandate activity and should this happen then failing to comply can result in your benefit being sanctioned.

There is a guide to WRAG activity in the ESA section.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #146247 by 1100db
Replied by 1100db on topic WRAG and Work Programme Help
mY 2 year WRAG was with Pertemps,they refused to pay for taxi fares and as the bus stops were too far from their office they sent transport to pick me up from home and take me back home again.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146272 by DI
Replied by DI on topic WRAG and Work Programme Help
Thankyou for your replies. I am able to get train fares back bur won't pay for taxi's. So it's coating me over £6 everything I go and see them. I am due to go back on Tuesday but feel my advisor wants me to go every week is this reasonable and can I ask for it to be less than this or a telephone call.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146275 by DI
Replied by DI on topic WRAG and Work Programme Help
Hi 100db
Thanks for your reply. I have to travel by train as I need to have access to a toilet although my advisor pointed out that the bus would be better for me as I wouldn't have to get a taxi.
The walk to the office is 12 minutes through the back of a university which I don't feel happy doing and there are steps too.
I already struggle using stairs at the station as no lift but lift at the station when I get off.
I have explained to my advisor the reason I need to use the train bit still won't pay taxi fares.
He doesn't listen to busy telling me about other people who have the same conditions as me I can't get a word in.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #146283 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic WRAG and Work Programme Help
You need to find out who is his superior and make a complaint.

If you have a smartphone set it to record before you go into the room and try to ask your questions and record him ignoring or interrupting you. Make sure you cover all your questions posted on here and ask for help with travel etc and ask for telephone interviews if and when possible. Tell him every person is different, droning on about other people with your condition is patronising and irrelevant.
Use this as evidence.
Go to your MP as well and complain to them.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.