× Members

Another Atos deliberate cockup!

More
8 years 3 months ago #147126 by mommaduck
Another Atos deliberate cockup! was created by mommaduck
My daughter in law has just told me that my granddaughter has just received a text to remind her of her PIP appointment on Wednesday, giving her only two days notice. She has NOT received an appointment letter?????

To compound the issue, the centre is over 40 miles away and she has no instructions on how to get there..which is not possible in any event.

I did warn my daughter in law that this would happen. Another deliberate attempt by Atos/government to take PIP away from disabled people.

I have told her to phone immediately and make an official complaint and at the same time, to contact her MP and make them aware.

Shame on you Atos!! :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147150 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Another Atos deliberate cockup!

mommaduck wrote: My daughter in law has just told me that my granddaughter has just received a text to remind her of her PIP appointment on Wednesday, giving her only two days notice. She has NOT received an appointment letter?????

To compound the issue, the centre is over 40 miles away and she has no instructions on how to get there..which is not possible in any event.

I did warn my daughter in law that this would happen. Another deliberate attempt by Atos/government to take PIP away from disabled people.

I have told her to phone immediately and make an official complaint and at the same time, to contact her MP and make them aware.

Shame on you Atos!! :evil:

Although seven days written notice of an appointment is required, this includes postage time, so the letter may have been caught in the Christmas and New Year postage, ATOS are not required to take account of this.

Hopefully a more suitable appointment can be arranged.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #147169 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Another Atos deliberate cockup!
She got another appointment immediately upon ringing, 2 miles away in the most local assessment centre. They had a few appointments to choose from.

Atos told her that the first appointments are computer generated using algorithms which 'ensures' giving appointments within 90 mins travel times. They never read the forms and give appointments in local areas.

If this is so, then how can they keep in mind to consider if a face to face is necessary if they don't even read the forms..taking into account the end of the form where it specifically asks for information 'to ensure your needs are met or a home visit will be more suitable'?????

If they have enough information already, then a face to face may not be necessary. So the forms SHOULD be read, surely before appointments are sent out..or am I missing something here?

Also, what about those claimants who request a home assessment with supporting documentation. If they don't read the forms, how can they take this into account?

With regard to my granddaughters '90 min max journey by public transport'. She will need a bus from hime, to train station 10 min to bus stop - 38 min bus journey. Train to destination city. 80 minute journey, and bus from train station to assessment centre. (not sure how long this will take yet). She's already at almost 140 minutes without the next bus, and this does not take into account the waiting times between buses and trains etc! It really does beggar belief.

If her parents took her by car, they would not get there within the 90 minutes either as it is a slow and difficult route over a single - no overtaking, 30 mile route over the pennines, which at the moment has road works on it.

This route alone on a good day takes at least an hour to do the 30 miles, 30 minutes from her house to start the pennine route, and goodness how long to get to the city centre at the other end.

Sorry for the rant, frustrated and annoyed as my daughter in law is still waiting for my grandsons appointment..when it will start all over again I expect.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147178 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Another Atos deliberate cockup!
mommaduck

If you feel up to it, let the office know as we are collecting information on PIP first appointments to see whether the Assessment Providers are deliberately offering the least favourable appointment.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #149147 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Another Atos deliberate cockup!
Well, following on from my granddaughters appointment at a centre 2 plus hours away, my daughter in law has just informed me that my grandson's appointment has just arrived in the post..guess what, at the same centre, 2 plus hours away.

When she rang them she was told 'it is DWP policy to send claimants on a 90 minute journey, and we have to follow policy'!!

What a load of *********!!!

She said Atos was very difficult with her until she told them that she was now going to phone her MP, at which point they caved in and have now given him an appointment at a centre, 4 miles away..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #149183 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Another Atos deliberate cockup!
Hi
I really appreciate how stressful all of this is for your family but if you could make a formal complaint and copy in your MP it would be great because I believe we have to fight as hard as we are able against this regime.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.