× Members

DLA to PIP

• Ken
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #147243 by Ken
DLA to PIP was created by Ken
Hi all
My first time posting after joining early December when the dreaded brown envelope fell on my mat ,I have spent a lot of time reading the forum.When my forms2 dropped through the door used your guide to help me fill it in a fantastic piece of work it made what considered a nightmare job a lot easier.Forms had to be back by the 20/12 so I put it in the post signed for got a copy of receipt off post office web and DWP sent me a text saying they have it.
I am extremely worried that I might lose my mobility car that I got on DLA if I do like many others I will be trapped in my home due to being at the top of a steep hill and the buses at the bottom I can't walk the length of me due to degenerative arthritis in my lower spine and angina so can't get wheelchair up and down safely,.along with the form I sent a letter that I got from a consultant at the pain clinic which listed in detail my medical problems so now I sit here on death row LOL waiting now to be told at what end of the earth I have to go to my Face to face.
Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147247 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA to PIP

Ken wrote: Hi all
My first time posting after joining early December when the dreaded brown envelope fell on my mat ,I have spent a lot of time reading the forum.When my forms2 dropped through the door used your guide to help me fill it in a fantastic piece of work it made what considered a nightmare job a lot easier.Forms had to be back by the 20/12 so I put it in the post signed for got a copy of receipt off post office web and DWP sent me a text saying they have it.
I am extremely worried that I might lose my mobility car that I got on DLA if I do like many others I will be trapped in my home due to being at the top of a steep hill and the buses at the bottom I can't walk the length of me due to degenerative arthritis in my lower spine and angina so can't get wheelchair up and down safely,.along with the form I sent a letter that I got from a consultant at the pain clinic which listed in detail my medical problems so now I sit here on death row LOL waiting now to be told at what end of the earth I have to go to my Face to face.
Ken

Hi K,

Welcome to the forum ! :)

As the "Moving Around" part of the PIP Mobility component is purely a test on how far you can Walk, any distance that you can move in a wheelchair through necessity rather than by choice will not be counted.

Good luck, and please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147255 by linz17
Replied by linz17 on topic DLA to PIP
My husband was in the same position as you Ken. He explained that the car was his lifeline, and that he could not walk further than from our lounge to the car. He was granted enhanced on both mobility & living. You must concentrate on the furthest you can manage to walk, without pain in his case under 20metres. The report states that it is reasonable he would only be able to manage 20 metres repeatedly. ie rests after walking etc. Also the blue badge & mobility car went in his favour.
Good Luck, we understand how you feel
x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken

• Ken
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147447 by Ken
Replied by Ken on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Guys the dreaded brown envelope dropped on the mat but was not what I expected (F2F) it just said that they now had enough info to process claim and would let me know the award in due time I am at a loss now does this mean I don't have to go for F2F ,anybody else had a similar situation.
Regards Ken
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #147462 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA to PIP

Ken wrote: Hi Guys the dreaded brown envelope dropped on the mat but was not what I expected (F2F) it just said that they now had enough info to process claim and would let me know the award in due time I am at a loss now does this mean I don't have to go for F2F ,anybody else had a similar situation.
Regards Ken

Hi K,

Yes, it does seem that they feel that they have enough evidence to make a Paper Based Assessment without the need for a face to face.

Although Paper Based Assessments are still not that common, we are starting to hear of more of them from our members.

I have a feeling that as the DLA to PIP transfer process moves along, and the assessment system starts to jam up that we will start to see more of these, just as we did with ESA.

Unfortunately, unlike ESA, having a Paper Based Assessment with PIP gives no indication of what PIP Award you will receive.

If you want clarification of a Paper Based Assessment, you could contact the Assessment Provider. (ATOS or Capita)

If they confirm that they have made a Paper Based Assessment and returned your file to DWP, you could give it a week or so then ring The PIP Helpline for an update.

Good luck and please keep us updated ! :)

bro58

• Ken
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #148883 by Ken
Replied by Ken on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Guys just to update that I have now received a letter for face to face assessment on the 4th of feb ,so I wasn't lucky with the paper claim as I assumed. I have been lucky Atos have given me a center quite close round trip of 50 miles having a post code PH1 was expecting to be sent to newcastle or somewhere far away, just got to do my homework now and hope for the best.
Regards Ken

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.