× Members

Managing Therapy?

More
8 years 4 months ago #147369 by mommaduck
Managing Therapy? was created by mommaduck
Is wearing prescribed wrist/hand splints considered therapy?

I wear splints on both hands/wrists prescribed by a consultant and fitted by a physio in conjunction with an OT. I am instructed to wear them at all times bar bathing.

They are very difficult to put on correctly and get them at the correct tension. I can't do this myself, so not sure if this comes under 'Managing Therapy' or is considered as "Dressing and Undressing', if you see what I mean, or should I add this in to both sections keeping my options open? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #147382 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Managing Therapy?

mommaduck wrote: Is wearing prescribed wrist/hand splints considered therapy?

I wear splints on both hands/wrists prescribed by a consultant and fitted by a physio in conjunction with an OT. I am instructed to wear them at all times bar bathing.

They are very difficult to put on correctly and get them at the correct tension. I can't do this myself, so not sure if this comes under 'Managing Therapy' or is considered as "Dressing and Undressing', if you see what I mean, or should I add this in to both sections keeping my options open? :dry:

I think it would come under Managing Therapy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris