× Members

very confused about transferring from SDA to ESA!

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152261 by bro58

newfiegirl wrote: Hi bro
Thanks for your response, always quick, and always very much appreciated!

Gosh their computer system must be very slow if it takes sometime to electronically build a case!!

I was feeling quietly confident that they hadn't called me for a F2F, but could they still put me in WRAG without a medical? I thought you had to have a medical to be declared fit to work, and that the WRAG was for people who could actively look for work, or have I got confused?

Thanks again

Hi ng,

There are 3 possible outcomes from an ESA WCA :

1. Fit for work (Must have a F2F before this decision can be made) not entitled to ESA.

2. Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) unfit for work in that you have been assessed as having Limited Capability for Work (LCW) but you are classed as being fit enough to take part in Work Related Activity (WRA)

WRA does not include actively seeking or taking up employment as JSA does, and they should take into account your limitations when agreeing the type of WRA with you !

3. Support Group (SG) not only are you assessed as being unfit for work (LCW), you are also classed as being unfit for Work Related Activity, in that you have Limited Capability for Work Related Activity. (LCWRA)

You do not have to take part in any WRA when in The SG!!

All explained in our : ESA Claims Guides

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.